RSS FEED Program setup??

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
ketofm
RSS FEED Program setup??

Post by ketofm »

Hello

I have a 24/7 Program on the air with ProPPFrexx

How do I add my news RSS at 6AM and at 4PM and 8PM? they all are 1hr i have RSS feed URL

How do i create a new Program Scheduler entry to play the rss feed than go back to the prgrm or the playlist was paling...
Also how do i create a new Script to use with the RSS Newsfeed Program. so that it'll stop or pause the playlist on the air than paly the RSS feed than go back to the real program the one it was Paused ( how do I do that?) Thank you

CAN YOU SHOW ME A SCRENSHOTS?

script LIKE
Example
1. LoadTrack, rss URL, Count=1, SuppressHistoryCheck?
2. Random; AnyMediaLib, Count=1
radio42
Site Admin
Re: RSS FEED Program setup??

Post by radio42 »

Normally you would create 3 program scheduler entries.
One program with your normal script before that hour. Than the script with the audio url.
And after that hour again the 3rd program entry with the normal script again.

Alternatively you can also just create one larger program entry using the normal script.
And then you create another program scheduler entry using the audio url script, but set this program schedule entry using the Overlay option.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Thank you

Yes that how i need it you told me just like how i need it but your ProppFrexx how do i create the 3 programs, schedule?
or
How to create one larger program entry using the normal script. tell me one by one how i do it ones than i can do it

you just told me the info not how to do it like
1 this
2 this
3 this

if you can with screenshot
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is actually explained in the Tutorial videos....
Open the program scheduler, from the Scheduler ribbon tag by clicking on the Schedulers button...
E.g. to create a new program scheduler entry, just right-click into the program scheduler entry at the appropriate location (time and date) and select 'New Program' or 'New Recurring Program' (depending on what you want). When the scheduler date and time area is empty, that is a simple, else if already occupied, right-click exactly to the right of the existing program:
New Program if empty.jpg
Click to add if already occupied.jpg
When the Program Editor comes up, just fill out all details. Click on the '?' at the very top right to get help for each field.
Program As Overlay.jpg
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Thank you i did like you told me and your videos Tutorial

now when my program scheduler opens to the playlist the one is on the air stops never air back hen my rss feed paly how can i make my program still air when the RSS feed news over? so can go back to the playlist was at the first
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please show a screenshot how you defined exactly your various program scheduler entries, as well as the script using the url.
Eg. When you define the script-line ‚LoadTrack‘ please hold down the CTRL-key while clicking on the 3 dots button
This will open the URL selector and make Shute to specify a time limit for the url stream play time.

Click on the ‚?‘ icon at the top right of each dialog to get help for each option.
And what of the 2 option Ie plained dis you choose?
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Screenshot (8).jpg
Screenshot (9).jpg
Screenshot (7).jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you read my previous post you could find the answer yourself.
But I still do not know what option you have chosen - 3 programs in total or just two, but one as an Overlay?
I assume it is the 2nd option…

In that case, you must (as said) limit the play time of the URL given. You specify that when you click on the 3 dots next to the URL (when you are active in the) text field… seems you never tried that?

A URL is always continuous stream with no end. By default and if you have specified an overlay program, the suspended program only resumes, when the overplayed script played thru on one loop. But when one element never ends, it will not resume.
Therefor you must specify the duration of that URL stream, so that it can end after eg. 60 minutes or even below…
When you hold the CTRL-key while clicking on the 3 dots a new URL dialog comes up, where you can specify the max. duration:
URL Editor (CTRL + Click) to define a Time Limit.jpg
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

I use the 3 programs in total, but its not overlay program just programs scheduler

How did you do "Add URL? i can't find it so i used Playlist

Where do i specify the duration of that URL stream?

you know i have 7 RSS News a day i have to air
I real need this help
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Screenshot (11).jpg
Screenshot (12).jpg
I dont see my RSS URL (https://stream.kfai.org:8002) i did add it i only see my sweeper
Screenshot (13).jpg