Sound issues D&R Airlite

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Yentlverschraegen
Sound issues D&R Airlite

Post by Yentlverschraegen »

Dear all,

I'm sorry if this topic is on the wrong place!

Since we did a Windows Update (bad idea..) , we experience a lot of sound issues. We are using ProppFrexx latest version combined with the D&R Airlite and it is configured according to the tutorial from Bernd.

Our sound drops every day at a random moment / event. We have no sound to our "In 1" Channel (no VU-activity). We can solve this by changing the input audio device (ex: USB CODEC 1 -> USB CODEC 2) and back to the original setting. I know, this is not a very "solution focused" method but we do not know where to look.

If the sound does not drop, the quality drops. Multiple times a day, the quality of our "In 1" drops to a level with distortion. I don't know how to explain, but it feels like the signal is full of distortion and noise. When we do the same as above, the issue has been resolved. Also, when we change the input sample rate from 44.1kHz to 48kHz it resolves the issue... temporary.

In 1 is our input channel who gives the signal to our stream server. It has the same settings as the presets in the tutorial.
Most of our tracks are in .WAV /.FLAC and .MP3 (maybe here is the cause??)

Anyone knows what we need to do? Sorry if this question is not clear.
We don't see anything in the log files / event viewer.

Thanks for helping!!!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Sound issues D&R Airlite

Post by radio42 »

There are several places to look at (not even sure what tutorial you mean). And a lot of questions…
First check what driver model you are using: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... hp?p=15966

Then check your system itself: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... ?f=5&t=915

Make sure (as you seem to have trouble with an input device), that your buffer settings of that mixer input channel are not to low (ie. increase the buffer and see if that helps).

Make sure, that you are not routing that device to an output which runs on another device.

If the problem only occurred after the Windoows 10 update, this seems to be the issue, so check, if there are any updates and as a final action you can only call the D&R support.
But people here in the forum also had issues with a USB cable, a HUB being used etc.
Yentlverschraegen

Post by Yentlverschraegen »

Hello,

I want to give an update of this case. We've tried several things. We've checked our system, latency, changed the USB cable (also USB port), . but still at random moments the sound is distorted/gone (if it is not distorted... it is gone).

When the sound is gone:
* The streamserver is in status CONNECTED
* Music is still playing in the DJ player-channels (progressbar is moving) and the VU-meter is correct
* The VU-meter from our input channel (=> channel goes to the stream and comes from the D&R) is empty (no music detected) but the VU-meter on the D&R is moving. Solution: Switching USB Audio device of that input channel and swtich it back to the original.
* SND is correct and the channel is not muted or changed

Is there an event or command available to change the device as work around when silence is detected?
Any tips?
We are using WASAPI in exclusive, before we used WMD.
We are using Stereo Tool latest version as DSP 1 plugin

Thanks for your help.. :-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Detecting silence is possible in ProppFrexx. You can enable that on each mixer channel and trigger any commands with the general event OnSilence resp. OnNoise.
But that wouldn’t solve your drop outs.

I still don’t think, that these are ProppFrexx related (I assume you are using the latest version and have already tested WASAPI in shared mode?

As such I suggest contacting D&R for help. As it sounds more like either a D&R issue or any other hardware issue. As other D&R users don’t have that issue, is the main reason what makes me believe this.