Is there an event for OnQuickPlayerStarted

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Is there an event for OnQuickPlayerStarted

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I'm using OnPFLOn to automatically activate the Cue feature of my Airlite. I would like to do the same when a Quick Player is started, but can't seem to find something like OnQuickPlayerStarted. Is there such an event?

Thanks again!

Frank.
Last edited by franksiegers on 15 Oct 2021 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Is there an event for OnQuickPlayerStarted

Post by radio42 »

There are no events for the QuickPlayer available.

It sounds like you want to activate the Cue on your Airlite in any case the PFL channel is used (so not using an extra PFL channel) ?
Note, that there is not only the PFL Player and QuickPlayer using that, but also the TAG Editor, the SegueEditor etc.
So I am not sure, what you really want and if all that can be provided.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi,

Hopefully I can clarify what I'm trying to accomplish: I have dedicated a channel on the airlite (channel 6) for the PFL player. Whenever I use the PFL Player of SegueEditor, the Cue function of channel 6 on the Airlite is automatically activated. That way I can pre-listen something in my head phones off-air.

I would like to do the same for the quick player, but don't think that's possible? Only thing I can think of is creating a quick player mixer channel and send the output to my PC speakers but that's not really what I'm looking for.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, there are various PFL functions, like eg. the QuickPlayer, where there are no events existing.
BUT...
In your case, I guess you can use the OnPFLOn resp. OnPFLOff events.
These are exactly triggered in this general case. E.g. these are triggered when the PFL starts with the PFL Player, QuickPlayer, Segue Editor etc. - just like the AutoSND2@NoPFL fuction is using/being triggered.
Please try this...
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I've tried OnPFLOn and OnPFLOff:

OnPFLOn: EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTECUE 6|1
OnPFLOff: EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTECUERESET

OnPFLOff seems to introduce some hard to explain problems problems with communication to the Airlite.

After using OnPFLOn/Off, the Airlite doesn't respond to Event/commands directly anymore. I need to send each command twice. For instance, when testing EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_SETLED, the LED is only set after I press Test for a second time.

It almost seems like OnPFLOn and OnPFLOff are mixed up/switched (so OnPFLOn actually gets triggered when turning PFL Off) or they seem to switch all commands (REMOTEON 1 get REMOTEON 0, REMOTECUE 6|1 is now REMOTECUERESET etcetera).

It's pretty hard to explain and troubleshoot. Hopefully you can figure out what I mean.

I'm using v4.2.6.6, clean unregistered install on Windows 11. I'm rebuilding all GPIO commands and Events/Commands and problems appear when I start adding the Events/Commands.

Thanks,

Frank
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Could it perhaps be that EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTECUE is incorrectly documented as '0=DEACTIVATE, 1=ACTIVATE, 2=TOGGLE'? It seems like both 0 and 1 toggle instead of activate/deactivate.

Is there public documentation from D&R about these commands?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am pretty sure, that you send commands somewhere differently, in parallel or mixed up, as the OnPFLOn/Off commands are triggered and handled exactly as any other command.

Why don’t you just start with the following:
- ensure no other command related to D&R is running
- use the SHOW_ALERT command first to see how it is working
- once all is clear, replace it with the final one

If the issue persists, use the Debug Logging and inspect the output, if there are other commands which might interfere.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is a pubic SDK documentation, which I received from D&R.
This is using different words, e.g. 1=pressed, 0=released - for the Airence. But for the Airlite there is no clear documentation, except INACTIVE = 0, ACTIVE = 1.

But any real documentation would have to be requested by D&R directly.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I've started over twice now with an empty config. The issue relating REMOTECUE/REMOTECUERESET shows up somewhere along the way. I've documented my steps and can't find any parallel or mixed up commands myself. Can you tell me how I can use Debug Logging to inspect the output to see if I can find them with that?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The ProppFrexx Debug Logging is intended only for me to find issues. But the ProppFrexx ONAIR debug log would also show all received and executed control-commands - just don’t Play or do anything in parallel.

The Debug Logging of the GPIO Client shows all received events from the D&R mixer.