ProppFrexx closed with error report.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx closed with error report.

Post by radio42 »

The trigger (unresponsive application) is often detected before an application is effectively shut down - that is a simple fact of Windows. Especially when a crash occurs. The Watcher application however does not kill or terminate any other application. Thus, what you experienced is totally correct.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I've updated all systems to the new update, but it appears the main system is stuffing these crashes.
I've just sent you another crash dump that just happened minute ago.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The crash dump again doesn't reveal any real error, as the crash happens again exactly when the previous (maybe the root exception) should have been displayed via a ShowDialog call - which then failed.

However, ProppFrexx does log (write) these error details to the "Error.log" file before it tries to display them. So please check the Error.log file and send it to me. It must this time contain some more details...

However, it still seems to me, that these must be a more general issue causing all this.
Can you reproduce this error on any other of your systems (which seems to be configured equally)?
You once said, that the issues stared to happen after you created new overlays exactly at the time of these overlays? Have you tried to remove them temporarily (just to see, if the error disappears as well)?
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 31 Oct 2021 11:14 The crash dump again doesn't reveal any real error, as the crash happens again exactly when the previous (maybe the root exception) should have been displayed via a ShowDialog call - which then failed.

However, ProppFrexx does log (write) these error details to the "Error.log" file before it tries to display them. So please check the Error.log file and send it to me. It must this time contain some more details...

However, it still seems to me, that these must be a more general issue causing all this.
Can you reproduce this error on any other of your systems (which seems to be configured equally)?
You once said, that the issues stared to happen after you created new overlays exactly at the time of these overlays? Have you tried to remove them temporarily (just to see, if the error disappears as well)?
The main and backup systems are both run 24/7 for all scheduling including overlays for breaks like adverts and news, traffic, etc with the studios used to feed in the live shows or pre-record shows that air later in the week. I will run a sfc scan to check for any system issues and test the memory in case in the morning. I have a feeling it's memory related but will know more tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and time in this matter, much appreciated.