ProppFrexx Tagger - Default values

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Wildo
ProppFrexx Tagger - Default values

Post by Wildo »

Hi Bernd,

I just started to use the PF Tagger for tagging my tracks. I noticed some kind of an odd behaviour. When setting up the default values within the settings dialogue, those are as follows:

GenreList:

Code: Select all

AmigaRemix
C64Remix
OCRemix
AmigaOriginal
C64Original
StationID
ShowIntroduction
ShowTeaser
MoodList:

Ambient Instrumental
Ambient with Vocals
Party Instrumental
Party with Vocals
I set the option "Auto Edit" for GenreList and MoodList.

At the inline track listing:
    when selecting a Genre from the listbox, everything is ok. All the above mentioned entries are there and can be selected.
      when selecting a Mood from the listbox, the list looks like this:

Ambient Instrumental
      Ambient with Vocals
      Party Instrumental
      Party with Vocals
      AmigaRemix
      The entry "AmigaRemix" should not be listed there. Seems to me that this accidently is coming from the Genre list.

Maybe you might want to investigate?!

One question regarding the media-types: Would it be possible to rename the User mediatypes to differnent names? In my case, this would be really useful.

Cheers
      Michael
      radio42
      Site Admin
      Re: ProppFrexx Tagger - Default values

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for the info, I see the issue with the Default Value and the AutoEdit option for inline editing. This will be fixed soon in the next release.

But unfortunately the Media-Type values are fixed text values, e.g. those cannot be customized in its text.
      Wildo

Post by Wildo »

radio42 wrote: 29 Oct 2021 22:58 This will be fixed soon in the next release.
      Awesome news. Thank you.

Any chance that the user mediatype names will be editable in the near future or do you strictly decline this?
      radio42
      Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I never strictly decline anything… ;-)
      Wildo

Post by Wildo »

Good to know. Maybe something for the wishlist then? 8-)
      radio42
      Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The default value issue for the inline editing should be fixed in v4.2.6.8.
      Wildo

Post by Wildo »

Brilliant. Thank you!
      Wildo

Post by Wildo »

Just installed the update. The inline tag editing from the default value list is working now. Thanks for fixing this.

I came across two other problems:

a) When trying to open "addon" files (like AHX-Tunes, Amiga-Mods) with the separate Tag-Editor, they are not shown and therfore can not be edited. This works in Proppfrexx itself but not in the separate editor. I did put the basszxtune.dll into the addon directory of the separate tagger. Why is that?

b) This is referring to ProppFrexx only: If editing a tag of a file and try to save its metadata by pressing the "Save metadata file" button, sometimes there is a message saying "The metadata file (pfmd) could not be saved". However when checking this, the file was created without any problem.
      radio42
      Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) exotic formats (basszxtune) are not supported for TAG writing!
      The ProppFrexx TAG Editor thus doesn’t even support those files yet, but only ProppFrexx ONAIR.

b) that sounds a bit strange to me. Does that also only happen with those exotic formats of basszxtune? Maybe the error comes from the fact, that it is also always tried to save TAGs to the file itself, which obviously fails.

As already explained, I added playback support for basszxtune and it’s rare file formats as a real goody. But this doesn’t mean, that everything works as for all other formats. If that if the expectation, I am afraid to disappoint you. Only playback of basszxtune files are supported - nothing more.
      Wildo

Post by Wildo »

a) Yep, that is what you told me. Therefore I just use the metadata file for storing the title and author information of a file. That works flawlessy with Proppfrexx so I thought it would also work with the separate tagger (which obviously looks like it is the same thing as the tagger in Proppfrexx). So I accidently assumed that the metadata file writing for those exotic formats would also be possible with the separate tagger.

b) I did not test it with regular formats because the only thing I need the metadata file is with those exotic formats.

I really do not expect Proppfrexx to handle those exotic formats like those formats it regular supports ootb nor do I or did I ever expect you to deliver those functions. Just to clarify my point of view: Basically I am totally satisfied with the functions it already has. I really only need to use the functions of the metadata file to save title and artist information (for those files, that do not support tagging) to update the stream information accordingly. And therefore it would be really useful if the separate file with the meta data information would be created without an error message here and there AND if the separate tagger would have the same functions as the tagger built into ProppFrexx. That's all I am asking for.