Separate audio routing for different PFL and different standby players

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
franksiegers
Separate audio routing for different PFL and different standby players

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I hope you've had a good holiday! Not sure if this is already asked, but I was thinking about 2 features that would probably make the integration with D&R Airlite (and possibly other mixers as well) even better.

What if audio routing allowed to send PFL for each player to it's own channel? So: audio + PFL for player A can go to channel 4 and audio + PFL for player B can go to channel 5 instead of audio for player A goes to 4, audio for player B goes to 5 and PFL for A and B goes to channel 6?

And I have the same wish for the standby players: Be able to route standby 1 to channel 6, standby 2 to channel 7, standby 3 to channel 8 and PFL also to 6, 7, 8.

I was wondering what is the motivation to have all PFL and all Standby audio go to 1 channel?

Have a good day,

Frank
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Separate audio routing for different PFL and different standby players

Post by radio42 »

The PFL Player (and a few others) do have a separate channel, as these are independent players.
What you describe is basically the normal function any mixer has anyhow. I.e. you play the regular player (but have the fader down, to not hear it’s signal OnAir) but have the mixer’s CUE button active, so that you hear the player’s audio on your attached headphones.
This is the normal PFL function any mixer has, eg. think of a classic CD Player or turntable you would like to pre-listen to.

The extra PFL Player and channel is used and designed differently. This allows you to PFL in an extra channel that audio (even while the original Player already plays) to eg. adjust the cue-points, listen to other parts of the same track (eg. listen to the track‘s end while it already plays) etc. All that is only possible via an extra PFL channel, but not with the function you have in mind.