twin local programs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
Re: twin local programs

Post by moogwill »

Thanks,

a)Unfortunately time's never in sync, even with internet time selected, it always goes late a bit each day :-( I always have to deselect then reselct to get the right time back.

b) can you detail this?? I feel lost there, seems a bit abstract.

I thought there would be a control command that could be used "on program started" on the master pc, to start the slave playlist in sync
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... p?p=21#p21
The EXEC_SEND_TCP command might be used to send a message from one ProppFrexx instance to another ProppFrexx instance.

But in the next version, I will also add a new EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES command, which sends a control-command to all configured remote clients.

You might use the above commands to send a command to any other instance (e.g. from the master to a slave), e.g. with the Program Control Commands "On Program Started" (click on the Control-Commands... button within the Program Editor).

For option a):
As explained here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... .php?t=915
Another useful option might be to increase the time interval at which the windows operating system tries to synchronize its system clock with a precise internet time (atomic time).
By default windows synchronizes its system time every 7 days.
To change this you can edit the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpCl​ient
Change the "SpecialPollInterval" key accordingly (which gives the intervall in seconds).
E.g. change it from '604800' to '86400' to synchronize the time once a day.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

so I think best way is to use fixed time while waiiting for the new version then....

Thanks,
and once again,
Happy new year
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But using the EXEC_SEND_TCP command is almost the same. You just specify the host and port address of the slave instance.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The new v4.2.7.4-update now contains the new EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES control-command
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Thanks Bernd, tell me if I'm wrong I assume that if playlist's open from the slave scheduler at the same time than the one from the master

using respectively scheduler event started and stopped in the master

EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON

EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF

those 2 lines would do the trick ?

I assume I'll need to add this at the end

EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES PLS_CURRENT_CLOSE
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that you can specify multiple commands at once, by separating them via the ${CRLF} macro in between - but that is just for info.

The commands you posted only turn AutoPlay On resp. Off, but do not start or stop the scheduler!
That is actually done via the PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_ON/OFF commands.
However, that is exactly not what you wanted, eg. you just wanted to start a script in a new playlist without the scheduler.

But to just execute a specific script in a new playlist you can use the command I already told you above.
But the playlist close command is correct.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

but isn't scheduler allready on??? I mean, it's needed for the local advertising right?, so what I need is the playlist to open and wait for a specific start, that why I thought using autoplay on & off would be the best option.
and by the way if i want the show presenter be able to RVT this local twin of the main area show, it needs to be in scheduler in the slave computer, even if its an empty entry.

I allready tested this, when logging to RVT on the slave computer, i select the empty entry ccreated at tthe exact same time of the main show, then te slave check and see that there's allready a an existing previous RVT show, then i can open it and change it.

What a I didn't check at this time, is what happens on the slave if theres no RVT copied from the master computer RVT folder. if nothings happen, that would be perfect.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, for the slave overlays it is almost exactly the same. The Overlay Scheduler doesn’t needs to be turned on. Instead the overlay is not automatically started by the scheduler, but instead remotely started by the master, by sending related control-commands to create and start the overlays via control-commands.

So you almost do the same for a dedicated program. A program also ‚just‘ starts a script.
So instead of starting a script automatically via the scheduler, you can also start it via the given control-command. Ie. that command opens a new playlist and starts the given script in it. The script needs to of course exist and do the same as in your RVT. It uses the LoadPlaylist mode to load the RVTed playlist…
And in the end of course close that playlist.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok,

will PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_ON/OFF will ensure a sync start from both PCs?