twin local programs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: twin local programs

Post by radio42 »

No. It just enables the scheduler. Programs are never synced automatically between two stations - that is what I am saying since the beginning!

Normally when using multi-region stations for just adverts, you link the main audio via a physical or virtual cable. EG. you only runs the scheduler on the main station.
In this mode no scheduler runs on the slave PC.

Now, I understand, that you also wanted to start two RVTed playlist one one the master PC and the other on the slave PC.
So you RVT the show on the master PC and do the same on the slave PC.
The RVT just creates a new script on the master PC. That script (you can edit and ‚see‘ it) on the master PC.
As such you can almost do the same on the slave PC and create a related script on the slave PC.

The alternative I told you is to use a Fixed program scheduler entry. A program scheduler entry which started with a fixed time will start on that fixed time. And if the time/clock is in sync on both PCs also a Fixed program will be started in sync.
So here the answer would be yes to your question. But that will of course only work for Programs with a Fixed start time of course.
Now with the given and already explained commands you can trigger the start of such script/playlist also for the slave PC.
EG. you need to sync it manually with the names control-commands.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

my first idea was:
- if autoplay is off, and an empty scheduled event is created.
- if the master RVT folder from the master pc was previously one way synced to the slave.

>then the slave scheduler is trying to open the empty entry, it will open the RVT copy (I tested that it's functional).

I assume that, if autoplay is off, the playlist will open, but won't start. this way, using the EXEC_COMMAND_ONALLREMOTES PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON
at "playlist started event" on the master pc, would make both start at the same time.

I know, it looks a bit tricky, but in my tortured very personnal logic, it seems possible to achieve ;-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The slave program scheduler is an independent scheduler, which is NOT synced by any logic with the master station.
That hopefully explains it.
But you said, that you already found a way to sync and RVT a master playlist and a slave playlist.
So in my logic, you can now could create a small script, which plays that playlist on the master. You can then create the same program/script on the slave as well.
Now, when that script/program starts on the master, you can trigger the start also on the slave remotely as well.

I guess that would be all you need. But there is no magic sync of any program scheduler happening automatically. And as such, your assumptions are not correct.