Issue with Midi Controller - nanoKONTROL2

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DjGuji
Issue with Midi Controller - nanoKONTROL2

Post by DjGuji »

Hi

I was playing around with the Korg nanoKONTROL2 today and setting up some commands and they were working fine. Then BOOM all of a sudden it wouldn't work. Some of the buttons/commands work while others will not any longer.

I had a look at the monitor and when pressing some of the buttons on the controller, it does not pick up the commands whereas previously it was working fine even the sliders don't work any longer.

Is there any I can do to reset this to make this work again?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Issue with Midi Controller - nanoKONTROL2

Post by radio42 »

Sure, first you can try to stop and restart the MIDI control itself (in the general settings, section GPIO).
But if that doesn’t help, I guess a reboot of the PC is needed.
Have you changed anything in your setup? Eg. Added a USB or MIDI hub? Cable issue…?
Or even changed anything in the MIDI mapping, settings?
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

well this is a usb midi controller. I have used it with applications like Resolume before and it worked fine.

Rebooted the machine like 2-3 times now.

All I did in PFOA was select nanoKONTROL2 as the midi controller in the input1 and output1, enabled it and started to create some commands.

After a while it stopped working. I have installed MidiView on my machine to test the controller and it picks up signals from all the buttons and sliders.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Update:

Did a complete backup, uninstall and re-install. Everything seems to be working fine now.

I have been able to set up some toggles on and off which is great. Now I just need to see if I can map input and output volume sliders to the sliders on the controller.

If you have any advice or tips for me I would appreciate it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sounds good!
Here is a link with a similar issue: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... hp?p=13476
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Thanks ... was having a look at that.

I am just wondering if I am doing the following as a test ... MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PFL|${mididata2asvol}, do I have to create a command for every volume limit I want it to stop at? Is there any way to get it to work similarly to a Mixer slider?
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

ok no worries i used MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SET PFL|${mididata2asvol} and that works better
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Bernd, I am having some issues again with the controller. About a week ago everything just stopped working all off a sudden. I am currently running Windows 11. I still have the same setup none of my previous mappings working any longer.

I did start creating new mappings with the toggles using the buttons on the midi controller and that seems to be working, however, I cannot get the sliders to work. The Midi Monitor does not show any signals when I use the monitors. I have installed MidiView on my machine to test the controller and it picks up signals from all the buttons and sliders.

I have also done a fresh install without restoring any backups and am having the same issue.

Any advice?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately not. If the MidiView is working and shows the MIDI Messages - but ProppFrexx (in the monitor) doesn’t show anything - this seems, like there is some configuration issue with the MIDI port.
And as it was working good before, there must be some change in your setup/system… but I also don’t have any idea, what it might be.

Have you maybe changed the ‚Auto Pair…‘ option? This should typically be disabled.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Was having a look around and found a way to factory reset the controller. I opened up PFOA and ran a test in the Midi Monitor and it is now picking up the the slider controls. Will attempt to reconfigure today.