Segue in Voicetrack/Segue-edit not saved

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
andrerotgans
Segue in Voicetrack/Segue-edit not saved

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

We have a problem with two of our PFOA instances. It looks like cue points are not set correctly (or better yet, not set at all) when using voice tracking or the segue editor in a playlist. Please see attached video file of a VT session. After setting them, PFOA uses the default cue points for that specific file

It looks as if cue points are not saved when altering them during VT, segue edit, or any other playlist-based action. Cue points are set correctly (i.e. PFL Player). We use autosave to audio tag, and the option metadata has priority is not checked.

I checked to see if the audio files were writable by the system (to write the cue points to file), and they are. I checked this by setting a ramp cue point in the specific audio files. They are set correctly and 'stay with the file'.

Do you have a suggestion where to look? The biggest problem is that on my test system, it works just fine. And it did work on those two systems in earlier times as well. So it's not a general PFOA problem, but some site-specific issue. I think we overlook something :-)
We checked to see if the settings are the same on both systems, and they are.

Video file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnRftV ... sp=sharing
Used Version of PFOA: V4.2.7.3 (but earlier versions didn't work as well)
Used Version for test-system: V4.2.7.2

Best regards and have a lovely New years eve,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Segue in Voicetrack/Segue-edit not saved

Post by radio42 »

Hi Andre,

do you mind explaining the problem in the video? As I cannot see in your video where and how you are changing any cue-points?
To me it looks you are just recording a VT session. During that session the Next cue-points are set as you click your resp. buttons - but you do not change the segue after?
So what exactly do you expect and what is different on your other PC?

However, please compare your general settings on the two PCs, e.g.
- your Mixing per Media Type settings (also for your VT/Announcement)
- if you excluded ACPD for your VT/Announcement
?
There must me a difference of your settings between your PCs/instances.
Alternative, you might even copy (manually) your working settings over step by step to your non working PC.
The related settings are in the general settings, section Mixing/Fading as well as MetaData/WaveForm.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to explain it a bit more clearer; I'll do it 'point by point' as that might be more accessible.

The problem happens with two PFOA instances at our station, both using the same audio files/scripts/playlists/storage.
We use tags written to the audio file.
'Metadata has priority' is NOT set, so the order is 1) playlist based, 2) TAG.
Cue points in a track are working fine, either set by hand in a PFL player or set by ACPD.
We can also adjust them in the PFL player, no problem.
Conclusion: PFOA writes cue points OK to files.

All cue points in tracks and mixes for all media types play out as expected when a playlist plays. So far, so good.

The problems start when we alter cue points in a playlist by
- using a voice track session (see the video file)
- using the editor to change the segue between to items in the playlist

If you have a look at the voice track session, you see:
- ACPD for the recording is off
- we open the voice track window (in our way, we do it via key on an X-Keys. That's why you didn't see any mouse action on the key)
- We start the recording.
- We press "next track" (again on X-keys, so you don't see the mouse action in the recording) at approximately 11 seconds before the end of the track, just before the quiet part in the track.
- "fade and stop current" is pressed.
- "stop recording" is pressed, and the voice track session ends.
- Our workstations automatically open the segue editor after recording. That's why you see the segue editor, but as you already mentioned, nothing is changed there.

After the voice track session ends, you see a couple of things happen:
- The 'next' cue in the first track changes back to the original 'next' cue in that particular track. It's NOT at the point where we set using it via the 'next track' command in the VT-session. The same goes for the other changes made in the VT session (fade start and 'OUT' cue)
- The next cue in the recorded voice track is where you expect it.
- So, changes in the 1st track in the playlist to make the voice track are not where they need to be.
- The recorded voice track starts at the point where the next record will normally start.
- Cue points are written OK to the voice track recording. So the 'outgoing' track of the voice track session starts at the right point.

So it looks like the changes for the first track of the voice track segue was not written to the playlist, and PFOA reverts to the original cue points of that file.

The same happens when you want to alter a segue in the playlist by invoking the segue-editor between two tracks.
- You can modify it, but after ending the editor, changes don't save, and PFOA uses the original cue points of the track.
- If we change the order of two tracks within a playlist, close that playlist and open it again, that change stays.

So it seems that only changes regarding cue-points don't save.

We have been voice-tracking on at least one of the two PFOA instances in earlier times. The same setup worked fine. Because of changes at the station, we didn't need it for 1 1/2 years, but now we do.

I can send you an email with a link to another screen recording of a VT session if you would like that.

I hope this makes the question a little bit more clear,

best regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please send me a sample playlist (.pfp) as well as 3 or 4 tracks with it in a zip file to try to reproduce it - as here all works as expected when I try.

Did you compare the settings of the mentioned in my answer - did you find any difference between the PC where all is working and the other two instances?
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

I will try to set that up; I'll let you know. As said, I also can't reproduce it on my testing system on my laptop. But I can't think of any setting causing this behaviour as well :)

We did compare some settings, mainly the Metadata/Waveform section and the settings in de voice track module. We didn't check all mixing settings for all media types, as I think you agree that it's not that much of an ACPD problem.
I'll also try to set up a TeamViewer session with the station for me to check all settings one by one.

Best regards,
André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

And please also post your general settings screenshots esp. for the MetaData/WaveForm.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi,

settings Metadata/Waveform (I have that here easy, other requests will follow)

On Air:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYHITe ... sp=sharing

Test:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1spngNg ... sp=sharing
barelds

Post by barelds »

Hello Bernd,

Here is an update!

I have deleted one of the PFOA instances from the studio PC.
After installing is again it worked fine, could make a VT show as it used to be.
But when I set this instance of PFOA to a -globalconfig, it doens not work anymore and
the problems we have like André discribed as above are there again.

"C:\Program Files\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe" -usbreg -globalconfig Q:\4.0

Greetings,

Harm Jan Barelds
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In this Case, the issue must be somehow a config issue.
I.e. the difference must be between the local config (as stored in the local AppUserData folder) and the global config as stored in the path Q:\4.0.

So you might want to compare the .config files in both folders. Else pls send them to me, and I might compare them.

Alternatively, you might copy your local config to the global config and replace the individual entries step by step until you find the root reason.
barelds

Post by barelds »

Hi Bernd,
I have checked and compared both folders, the are exactlt the same.
I have made two videos, the first (link) is with the -globalconfig command line and the second (link) is the local configuration.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkAN4OcIKUSAkLUqRXm ... A?e=9oTRm6

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkAN4OcIKUSAkLUryjz ... g?e=N0tfob