Artist history

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Artist history

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, first of all best wishes to you and your family! I have a situation with a played artist that was scheduled in two consecutive hours. I checked the script log and "Stevie Wonder - Part time lover" was played on 22-01-2022 12:55:36. At 13:22:03 (~half an hour later) "Stevie Wonder - True to your heart" was played again. What I noticed is that "Part time lover" was NOT registered in the Global Song History, while "True to your heart" was. Could it be that this has anything to do with the fact that "Part time lover" was the last played track in the previous hour? BRJW
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Artist history

Post by radio42 »

It was played on 22-01-2022 - that would be in the future?

Are your shows scheduled in real-time by a script and have been scheduled by a script-line for which no option (eg. SuppressHistoryCheck or SuppressAddHistory) was set?
But no, a track being played should be in the global history by default.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, sorry that was a typo. The track was played half an hour before the next time the same artist was played. The first time it was played it was not added to the GSH. Any thoughts on how it is possible that a played track was not added to the GSH? Honestly, this is the first time that I notice this issue. It can be an incident of course. BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Maybe another possible cause; "Stevie Wonder - Part-time lover" has an hyphen between "part" and "time". Could it be that this causes some problems? Fact remains that it was not added at all to the GSH.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You tag your tracks (hopefully) individually.
And in ProppFrexx the Artist and Title are separate TAGs.
Thus no, it has no relation. Except the tracks are not tagged properly and the Artist and Title is guessed out of the filename only. In that case your assumption might be a reason.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I understand, but that is indeed not the case. Every track is tagged individually.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then ProppFrexx would only exclude tracks from the global history, if:
- the SuppressAddHistory option is set on the script
- if the Media Type is excluded to be added to the Global History (see general settings)
- certain script-line modes are used (eg. LoadPlaylist never adds to the Global History)
- the script option SuppressGlobalHistoryCheck is set