ACPD Not Properly Ignoring Advertisements

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Zidago
ACPD Not Properly Ignoring Advertisements

Post by Zidago »

Hello,

Currently have an issue with ProppFrexx ONAIR sometimes calculating ACPD for Advertisements despite multiple things telling it not to.
Exclude ACPD includes the Advertisement category.
In change mixing per media type, advertising has everything set to 0 AND has all "NoCalc" options enabled.
However, despite this, sometimes advertisements will still play with ACPD. This is problematic since dvertisements will have "Next" assigned to them and have music cut into a significant portion of the end of an advertisement. Obviously not something that's ideal.
Note that this only occurs on occasion, most of the time it plays the track start to finish with no changes. It appears to only occur sometimes. I have checked the files and could note nothing special about the ones that it occurs with. Same file type, similar file size, same duration etc. etc. It appears to be completely random.

Is there something we're missing? How can we get ACPD to properly ignore libraries marked as advertising?

Kind regards,
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ACPD Not Properly Ignoring Advertisements

Post by radio42 »

Just checking the code I cannot find anything what would create an exception, eg. when the correct option is set for the media type Advertising and the file definitely is set to media type Advertising, nothing would do any ACPD.
So maybe the media type is not correctly set?

But it could also be how you play the advertising? Eg. is it via the Overlay Player? And is it always only the last advert track in a block which is being cut or also in the middle?
So here, it would be good, if you exactly explain more details, to maybe find the root reasoning.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No news and info, so I assume the issue is solved already.
Zidago

Post by Zidago »

Hi Radio42,

Issue is not resolved. As I understand it, the ads are being played via the standard DJ Player, and the tracks it does not bypass are very at random. All the advertisement tracks are correctly displayed as Advertisements, so I don't believe it is a media type issue. It really has me baffled and makes little sense.

Kind regards,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If all is played out via DJ Players, there are only very few option left:
- a track has the RecalcACPD option set
- a track has no cue-point set and is not excluded from ACPD
- the segue between two programs cuts it off
So if it happens again, please monitor this and send me your playlist and related tracks to look at it, as there is for sure a good configuration reason like explained for it.