Independent Advertising Overlays

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
marinohb
Independent Advertising Overlays

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

I want to assign commercials in different time slots, but when I select an hour and it selects all of them. How I can create independent overlays?

radio42
Site Admin
Re: Independent Advertising Overlays

Post by radio42 »

An Overlay does play out a Slot, which is at this point in time just a logical unit.

Further you define a Campaign. The Campaign now defines what advert track is used.
By default a Campaign is assigned to a Slot. Ie. the related advert track is played out on all occurrences where the Campaign is assigned to an Overlay which uses that Slot.
This is the dialog you just showed in your screenshot. And yes, this is not an individual assignment to a specific date!

But in the Campaign dialog you can also click on the ‚Single‘ button to instead assign a Campain to an individual (single) Overlay occurrence. This is exactly what you are looking for, the Overlay Assignment.
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Okay.

I'm trying to use the Single Button, but that's not how it used to work for me before.

I would like to assign the slot horizontally at the same time, for example, if I want to select 7:20PM slot, I want to select the same slot for the whole week (Monday to Sunday).

The single slot function is done at an individual slot level, hour by hour.
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

I am experiencing another problem, in the Advertising and News Window the slots that I created are not appearing in the Slot Management Tab.

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When the slots are not appearing you must have not saved them or change the Advert Storage Path? Or your disk/folder structure is broken or was modified...

would like to assign the slot horizontally at the same time, for example, if I want to select 7:20PM slot, I want to select the same slot for the whole week (Monday to Sunday).
When you want to 'group' them horizontally, you need to create the slots differently.
I.e. you can eg. create 48 slots, 2 per hour each with a daily recurrence (every 1 day). The result would be slots like _0020, _0040, _0120, _0140..._2320, _2340.
In that case, if you assign a Slot to an overlay, the same recurrence will now be selected.
Example:
If you assign the slot _1420 to an overlay, that overlay always plays the campaigns assigned to the slot _1420. And this would then be the same each day.
In that case you probably will have a 1:1 relation between slot and overlay, i.e. you probably will also need to create 48 overlays.

As you can see, the definition and usage is very flexible, as you can define how you would like to organize it.