how to undo??

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
how to undo??

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

here's something really annoying that I don't kow how to revert:

while working/recording on a generated playlist, if by mistake you click on a column, for example "artist" or "album" in the playlist window, the all playlist is reorganized with alphebetical order from this column.
how to get back to the original playlist order ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: how to undo??

Post by radio42 »

You can click on he very left upper corner (the empty header column) to clear any sorting.

Alternativ you can hold the CTRL-key while clicking on the column header to clear the sorting of that specific column.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

thanks, unfortunately it does'nt replace all files added to this playlist "recorded VTs".

that means it doesn't solve the issue, seems I'll have to get everything redone from scratch.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?? You ‚just‘ asked how to restore the original order of the playlist, that’s exactly what it does.

There is no general undo function. When you for example manually added tracks to a playlist or via voice tracking, you must delete them manually. There is no general undo.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I understand what you mean.... but imagine that you have this situation at the end of 4 or 5 hours of playlist, then all your VT and all your moves and changes to the playlist are lost, maybe a regular auto save function would help to avoid this.

Thanks for the trick anyway.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What is lost? Nothing gets lost by chance or mistake?!
As said, when you change the sorting (by accidentally clicking on a column header), you can revert that sorting and nothing will be lost.
I don’t understand what and how you loose anything.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

all recorded files (VT, generated hooks, manually added scripts...) , are moved at the bottom of the playlist; and every change you made, and files you moved goes back to their original place :-(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

After you reverted the sorting?
Not here - eg. I can not reproduce that here. Can you please describe your exact steps to reproduce, so that I can try to do the same here.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Start a RVT session, then record some VT's, move a few tracks, and insert a few others... then click a column to change the sorting, then revert the process.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can now reproduce it. It seems like a bug in the UI lib recently introduced. I already contacted the vendor for a resolution. I’ll come back as soon as this is fixed or could find a workaround.