MetaData Editor, no autoloop

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Peter Maerlandt
MetaData Editor, no autoloop

Post by Peter Maerlandt »

Hi Bernd, I have a new question for you ;-)

At this moment, when I edit a song in MetaData Editor, at the end of the song it will automaticaly restart.
Can you make an option, so a user can choose between yes/no automatic restart?
When I want to adjust the fade-next-end positions, I think it is very annoying the song automaticaly restarts.

Best regards, Peter.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: MetaData Editor, no autoloop

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I will look at it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Fixed in v4.2.7.5 - the Tagger will not loop at end anymore automatically.
Peter Maerlandt

radio42 wrote: 07 Apr 2022 22:22 Fixed in v4.2.7.5 - the Tagger will not loop at end anymore automatically.
Thank you.
Peter Maerlandt

Sorry to bother you again, Bernd,

it's not exactly like I wanted it: can you keep the window at 'zoomed in'? For instance, the red marker meets the end point and the player stops the music but you still can adjust the 'fade' and 'end' point.
Like it is in version 4.2.7.5, I have to mouseclick once again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I will see, not sure yet when this can be done, as others have other desires. I’ll have to check. But note, that once you set Next or FadeOut or CueOut cue-point you can Click, Shift-Click on the related button to monitor 3sec. before or after that cue-point. That is even the quickest way to adjust.
Peter Maerlandt

Thanks for the alternatives you offer, but I'm afraid the current result in 4.2.7.5. no one can please.
Now you literally have to click the mouse again to continue working.
And because others probably have different wishes, that's why I asked to be able to turn the option on and off.
Of course, it should be possible and fit into your schedule.
The option 'Shift' key looks nice, but the music stops at the hold point. And I'd rather see them play on. As you say, different people, different wishes.

Thanks for watching it again
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Your welcome. But isn’t that what you are looking for? I understood exactly that as your which from above. You Shift-Click on eg. The Fade button… music plays til that cue-point and stops there. To adjust the position you can simply drag the cue-point line in the lower half of the WaceForm, ie. drag the lower part of the line and move it around until you visually found the new position and the you release the mouse button.
But what is your exact desired workflow to set the cue-points?

When you have not set any CueIn/FadeIn or FaddOut/CueOut position at all. Notice the squares at the very top/bottom at the left of the WaveForm resp. at the very right of it at its end.
You can also directly drag those corners to quickly set them.
This is also explained in the tutorial videos.
Peter Maerlandt

"But what is your exact desired workflow to set the cue-points?"
My workflow goes like this:

1. set 'In' que (autostart is at this point very handy, no doubt)
2. check the volume
3. count the BPM's
4. check if metadata meets the song I hear
5. go to the end of the song, I use ACPD
6. adjust the 'Fade', 'End' and 'Out' - points

I have now + 16.000 songs in my database, but actualy I'm doing a re-run to check all of the parameters (except for the BPM).
This means I have developed my own workflow: I put the cursor a few seconds (sometimes 15 seconds) before the 'fade' point so I can listen where the fade begins and if the endpoint exactly meets the 1st of another set of 8 beats. I let the music fade out and check that also.

When I want a song to restart it a few seconds earlier I click on the upper half of the waveform and the thumb of the other hand can push the spacebar to play)
The alternative you offer is not that fast: I have to search with the mouse to find the first point (sometimes it's the 'End'-que, sometimes it's the 'Fade'-que) and then I have to search with the other hand to hit the shift.
To me, this isn't the fastest workaround.
end point.jpg
end point 2.jpg
If the cursor meets the 'end'-que, it's just easy if it stops and 'wait's' until I click to replay or I hit the 'Save Metadata File and Next' button ;) ;) .

For your help, I made an Artist Impression of the 'options'-panel:
options.jpg
I hope to hear you soon :) .
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So in essence, at the CueOut position you want to stop the play back and always zoom-in.
I will take another look...