Echo in headphone while broadcasting live

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Cabzy
Echo in headphone while broadcasting live

Post by Cabzy »

Hi

When I go live (pressing the 'LINE IN' so the mic routes out over the air) I hear a repeat of everything I am saying.
The repeat is only heard internally meaning not over the air.

I have struggled with this far too long as I've been unsuccessful troubleshooting the issue.

I thought it may have something to do with my USB mixer, I removed it from the setup and connected a speaker directly to the built-in soundcard (on my PC) and found the same thing happening.

I have Rebuilt the internal mixer, but the issue persists making it difficult to do any live shows.

Any idea why this would happen??

When I voice-track all is ok (No repeated voice track) If I turn the 'LINE IN' button off all is OK, I hear my voice but only once. Only when I go live by pressing the line In, I hear the voice repeated back in the headphone. This is a nightmare when talking to an audience or reading something while live

Would you have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Cary
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Echo in headphone while broadcasting live

Post by radio42 »

Hard to say, but it sounds like a classical setup issue with your mixer setup.
However, without further details how and where you connect your line in and mic this is hard to say.

The 2nd thing to check is your driver model and system latency. Eg. When not using ASIO, you hear an echo, if you route your final mix output also to your headphone.
Without ASIO you will notice that as an echo, as the latency is so big, that you hear your voice delayed.
In the stream, this is of course not noticeable, as there it doesn’t matter, if there is a delay of eg. 100ms.
But in your headphones this might be terrible.

As such, this also depends on your hardware and drivers.
If this doesn’t come with ASIO drivers, you might try ASIO4ALL.
Cabzy
Re: Echo in headphone while broadcasting live

Post by Cabzy »

I'm going to try the ASIO4ALL.
I'm also going to try a different setup. adding a 2nd internal sound card to my PC, then connecting a mic directly into that. As long as the Proppfrexx mixer recognizes the new card as a mic input, hopefully I can send that source to out or play avoiding my external mixer.

Will keep you informed, Cheers