Exec_tag_file

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Frode Langhelle
Exec_tag_file

Post by Frode Langhelle »

I'm a new user of the software and still in the process of learning the details. So far I'm pretty impressed by the flexibility.

My question:

Is it possible to have a command on a scriptline that change one of the tags in the metadata when played in the auto scheduler. Example. I wan't the script to pick a song from one of my music playlists (random mode) and when played in the auto-scheduler (on air) executes a new number in the "grouping" tag. Right now It seems like you have to define the filename in the Exec_tag_file command. I want the command to pick filename based on what file the rotation picks up.

The reason:
I can then schedule a song from a library. Use the "use hook" option and when the hook is played it marks the "grouping" tag with "Hook played". Later in the script I can schedule a song from the same library and use the Advandced filter/expression builder to pick song with grouping "hook played". After that song is played I can run "Exec_tag_file" and change back to default.

Frode
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Exec_tag_file

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid, that this is currently not possible.
The EXEC_TAG_FILE command can only take a fixed filename as an argument. It might take a macro, but there is currently no such macro available.
In addition, there is no event, which can be executed right after a script-line is executed.

As such, I must think about your request and probably add some additional functionality for it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What I don’t like with ‚your‘ solution is the limit to one single hook-track.
So my current idea would be to create a new script-line mode (eg. called Hook).
Ie. when you use a normal script-line mode with the ‚I
Use Hook‘ option, that track will be placed in an extra (internal) list of used hook tracks.
When the ‚new‘ Hook script-line mode is used, it will simple use the first track out of the previous maintained list of used hook tracks.

That way you can first schedule any number of ‚Use Hook‘ tracks to tease them. And later script them as real tracks with the new Hook script-line mode.

Example Script:
1. LeastRecentlyPlayed, Top40Lib, Count=1, Option=UseHook
2. LeastRecentlyPlayed, Top40Lib, Count=1, Option=UseHook
3. Random, OtherLib, Count=1
4. …
5. Hook, —, Count=1
6. …
7. Hook, —, Count=1
8. …

So in line 1. and 2. you play the Hooks (teasers).
And in line 5. you play the first real track which you teased in line 1.
And in line 7. you play the second real track you teased with line 2.

Would that work for you?
Frode Langhelle

That would be great!

The software is incredible in flexibility and not many softwares can compete - in the same price range there is no one. The only thing I'm missing is the "Coming up this hour" hook container function. I see the problem implementing this based on the way the rotation works. To be honest, I really love the rotation system in ProppFrexx as is. No need to schedule ahead with external software (Like Playoutone - which have the hook option)

Would be nice with a best of both worlds solution.

Please consider what I think could be a solution to the lookahead issues.

Say I have a script schedule like this:

Top Of The Hour Overlay

Hook container
Song Hook: Banger (Rotation option "least recently played")
Song Hook: Reccurents (Rotation option Random)
Song Hook: Flashback (Rotation option Random)
Hook Container end.
Song 1: Banger (Rotation option "Most Recently played")
Song 2: Reccurents (Rotation Option "Most Recently played")
Song 3: Flashbacks (Rotation Option "Most Recently played")

All needed to execute this is a new history script line mode "Most Recently played"? The opposite of "Least recently played) Maybe even better "Recently played hook". It's a "workaround" but it would solve the lookahead issue. The rotation would not be messed up because it's taken care of in the schedueling of the hooks. U can then choose to instead supressHistory on the played tracks in the script instead.

The way ProppFrexx handles Sweeper track-insertions is beyond good . Especially the "StartWithCueInOrEndOnRamp" That's why i switched. But i miss the hook option I had.

Thanks again for a great software!

Frode
Last edited by Frode Langhelle on 21 May 2022 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Frode Langhelle

@radio42

Your solution entering a new script mode line would be perfect!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Oki.
Note, that the LastRecentlyPlayed script-line mode already exists… just scroll down…
Frode Langhelle

Would love an update in the future with your solution implemented.
In my version v4,2.7.6 there is only a LeastRecentlyPlayed not a LastRecentlyPlayed.

Thanks!

Frode
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sorry LeastRecentlyPlayed is the correct one - that was just a auto correct/typo issue - but meant the same.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.3.0.0 was added, which contains the new script-line mode 'HookQueue' mode.
See here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... php?t=3118