Question about remote OnAir viewer

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djdeeno
Question about remote OnAir viewer

Post by djdeeno »

Hi, I have a question about remote Onair viewer. I have this working neatly, with remote connect I have a connection I can see when news, advertising ect starts. But what can I do with commands? For example, if the news and commercials are finished 48 seconds before the end on the remoteconnect, can I run a command somewhere locally. So 48 seconds before the end of ad news block firing a command locally on my machine here running Remoe Onair Viewer? Or are there other scripts or options for it? anyone ideas?

Example, so here to see, when 48 sec to go.... i want to run a command or something.
is this possible?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Question about remote OnAir viewer

Post by radio42 »

Not sure, what command you want to send/trigger 48 seconds before… and why.

But no, you can not do this from the remote viewer.
The commands which can be send from the remote viewer are actually not limited, but are (only) triggered/executed when the user presses the button manually.

Any automated command execution must be done from within ProppFrexx ONAIR.
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

At home I work with Remote OnAir viewer, so I can see exactly when the news and advertising messages are ready, Timecode then counts down and if the timecode is set to 0, then I come OnAir. Now I'm trying to automate this, 20 seconds before the timecode is at 0, I start music or jingle, this is because of the buffering/delay to the stream/main studio. So 20 seconds before the end the music has to start, can ProppFrexx automate this or are there other tooling?

Another perhaps clearer example, every Friday there is a broadcast at 6 p.m., but first News + The Weather + Jingle +, then advertising follows and after that we go live. The duration of news and advertising is never the same, so we first wait until the news and advertising is ready, with TIME CODE we can now see how long this will take, it will take another 7 minutes and 51 seconds!
When the TIME CODE is set to 0 minutes and 20 seconds, I will manually start a jingle or music, the 20 seconds is due to the buffer time/delay between here and studio.

But the next Friday, the jingle News + The Weather + Jingle +, could be shorter or longer.

Starting something with a script, command or midi like something I know, but how do I trigger this in, are there solutions for this?
or is there a other programm or open source so i can read the data from the remotehost to trigger something
the viewer is really a viewer, if i have tooling, script or other thing to make from view data any raw data in realtime, than i can make somethinh

please let me know

thanks allot
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It sounds to me you like to ‚automate‘ the transition between two systems.
One is playing automatically (ProppFrexx) and the other system, which is playing manually (your DJ system - or is this 2nd system also running ProppFrexx?).

From where are you streaming? Does this also need to switch from one system to the other system (ie. cut-off one source and connect a 2nd)?

Depending on the setup, the buffering will play a different role. Eg. at the time the timecode is updated, the source data is send to the server. Eg. if you switch 20sec early, you might cut off the stream too early.

However, the remote viewer can not solve your issue.
With 2 ProppFrexx instances and some scripting this might look different.
However, ProppFrexx doesn’t have an X seconds in advance event, but real-time events, for example a track end event. I also guess to the above example that this is exactly what is needed.

You can send commands from one instance to another is explained here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... p?p=21#p21

Alternative solutions are not known to me.
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Thank you
I totally understand what you mean, thanks for your explanation.
Is data known to receive the data RAW?
Suppose I connect to the Remote Connection server, with whireshark or something else, can I retrieve or see the data, the data that can be seen in Remote OnAir viewer?
I can program pretty well myself, so I'll be able to build software for it, even building in a delay, that's not the problem, is there some way to request raw data? For example, by listening on the remote host.
Sorry for many questions but find technology very interesting and maybe fellow DJ can help with it
thanks alot
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, as explained in the above link, all commands and its data is plain TCP based in UTF8.
So you can basically get all that data yourself...see the appendix of the user manual for all commands available.

Here are some examples:

Code: Select all

PING ${cpltracknamecurrent}${PIPE}${cpltracknamenext}${PIPE}${cplautoplay}${PIPE}${cplremaincount}${PIPE}${cplremainsec}
PING ${timecodetoptext}${PIPE}${timecodemaintext}${PIPE}${timecodebottomtext}
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Ah yeah thanks for the answer, thas what i looking for.

Now to get data from Proppfrexx, its working with Python? Or is sombody else this know?
I have try many things to get data in 1 string.
something like this;

clientsocket.send('127.0.0.1:7002/ProppFrexxRemoteService |AUTHORIZATION password$ Ping & {cpltracknamecurrent}')

is there any example?
Thanks alot
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Hello,

I'm still trying to dig deeper into this. Are there any examples you can do with command option in remote viewer? For example, sending a command when, for example, a certain date has been reached or a display in TIME CODE appears?
For example, TIME CODE = News+Weather and that something is started? Is that possible and is an example how Remote Onair viewer listen to this, how to fill in.
When I look at the documentation and here on the forum, there are few points of interest to continue or delve into. On the basis of an example and what can and cannot be done, I can continue to frolic myself. Sample are most welcome.

My goal is eventually to be able to start something based on the data received
Hope someone can help me.
thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please see here: viewtopic.php?p=20

ProppFrexx implements a plain text based TCP interface, which can be implemented with almost any programming language. But there are no Phython examples available.
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

I understand there are no examples of Phyton, forget Phyton!!!

I'm asking for an example that can now be used somewhere in Remote viewer, if I have something that works then I can continue with that.
For example TIME CODE , if something is showing in TIME CODE then locally start this or that... just a working example!!!

Here the Remote connect server is: tcpex://10.server.nl:7002/ProppFrexxRemoteService, password: blahbla

I'm trying to get the current track and show it in a popup, just an example, this doesn't work...however.

EXEC_SEND_TCP 10.server.nl:7002/ProppFrexxRemoteService |AUTHORIZATION blahblah$ Ping & {cpltracknamecurrent}

ONLINE|cpltracknamecurrent${CRLF}${CRLF}