remote commend for unlock/lock ProppFrexx

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
remote commend for unlock/lock ProppFrexx

Post by phonic »

Would it be possible to add a remote commend to lock/unlock ProppFrexx via TCP commend to give greater control user login/logout?

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: remote commend for unlock/lock ProppFrexx

Post by radio42 »

If a user (on purpose) locked the UI onsite, why should it be unlocked remotely - vice versa?
And why would you remotely lock the UI?
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 17 Jul 2022 19:24 If a user (on purpose) locked the UI onsite, why should it be unlocked remotely - vice versa?
And why would you remotely lock the UI?
it's because how we run many remote studios. The presenters needs to login to network on the studio PC, and then they will see the live status and count down, break warnings, live chat, sms, voip telephone system incoming queues and answer, programme and traffic info, etc. It would be nice to unlock ProppFrexx at the same time instead of them having to do it twice. I guess I could create each presenter an account on each install of ProppFrexx and then when the system detects they are logged into ProppFrexx log them into the network as well and log them out when they click on lock. More involved and complex but can work.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I'll take a look at an auto login using ${username} , ${password} and ${stationname}
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just took a look; but the Lock/ChangeUser dialog is actually a model dialog being shown on top of the main windows. However, currently I cannot access that dialog from outside/remotely.
Plus, I also currently do not know or can validate the users password; resp. cannot automatically fill out the login form remotely.
Thus, I might take a look in the future, but this needs some more thinking and redesign...
phonic

Post by phonic »

In regards to user login. I'm thinking of going down the route of using ProppFrexx built-in user login and just allow ProppFrexx to send a commend after successful login to our API to auto login the user. I believe ${username} , ${password} and ${stationname} can be used if needed to validate if the user is logged in. I also like the idea of limiting Presenters from messing with the layout and closing windows. So this is a great solution for us in limiting access to what they can do.

However, as we have many installations of ProppFrexx, is it possible to create all the accounts in one studio and then share the details so any update would be duplicated? I've not checked but does ProppFrexx create a user database text file that could be placed in a networked shared drive? Also, would ProppFrexx cache this file at startup or does it check each time at login?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The users and user roles/rights are saved in the global .config file. So if you want to share that across multiple installations/instances you might either need to make this public and share this eg. via a network drive. See the -globalconfig command-line option in the user manual, or eg. here https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... php?p=1766

If you however don’t want to share the global settings, but only the users, you would manually copy the section in the config file (which is on your own risk, eg. don’t corrupt the config file).

But, ProppFrexx does cache that data, eg. it is not reading the data every time you change the user.