Ok, so am I stupid?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Ok, so am I stupid?

Post by radio42 »

When it doesn’t display any current or next program, it seems, that you have not configured the program scheduler and/or the scripts correctly.
As such, a reinstall will probably not help at all.
It more seems, like a pure configuration issue.

I am wondering, where these 3 tracks are coming from?
As when you press the ‚Run Scheduler‘ button, no playlist needs to be open! A new one is created accordingly to you defined program scheduler entries. Ie. a new playlist will be created automatically and the script as defined for that entry will be executed and new tracks are picked and queued according to your script.

I am not sure, what you would like to achieve or trying to do? So many you can explain a bit more in detail.
And maybe be also post a screenshot of your program scheduler entry and script?!

Many Thanks
wtcsrocks

Post by wtcsrocks »

The playlist is running now. I randomized it and maybe it was just one song it had a problem loading. They ALL come from the same sub-folders within the Music folder.
I want the scheduler to play ONE track, Top of the hour Station ID, which is loaded into the schedule. It works just fine in the Demo version.
I was going to send photos here but I took pics on my cellphone and they came out unviewable due to the moire pattern in the photos. I'll grab some screenshots in a bit.

I saw something about putting the TOTH in a Cartwall? Do I put the TOTH in one, and run the scheduler on it? Should I see a list of items scheduled when I run the Scheduler? I don't, nor in the Demo version, but it works.
Rick Winslow, Owner/GM
WTCS FM 96.1
http://wtcs.rocks
"The Station That Rocks"
Thomaston, Maine
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When it was working in the Demo Version, it will also work in the registration version -there is no difference.
But I still don’t know what you are trying to achieve. So it is hard to help you out! You need to explain, what you are trying to achieve.

But I have the feeling, that you are trying to play a pre-prepared playlist almost manually, and ‘just’ automate a TOTH jingle or a station ID?

So how do you plan to work with ProppFrexx?
Play everything fully automated? Ie. select the tracks automatically, and play all the jingles, station ids etc. all automatically?

Or do you play almost everything manually (some call it live assisted)? Ie. you manually select and add tracks to a playlist? If yes, do you also want to play those tracks manually or do you want them to start automatically?
If this is your work flow, then you don’t need the program scheduler at all, but might only need the ‘Live Assist’ button in the main ribbon.

And how do you want the TOTH being played out? Also fully automated or manually?
If manually, you can of course use the cartwall. If automated, it can be either part of your program script, or you might use the overlay scheduler.

As you can see, the answer depends heavily on your workflow and the way you are using ProppFrexx. As such, there is no direkt answer - but you did not even raised a question… ;-)
wtcsrocks

Post by wtcsrocks »

Ok. Forget the playlist. I've got that figured out.

ALL I want, right now, is to play the Station ID, at exactly the TOTH, every hour, unattended. No fade in or out. All previous playing suspended until after the TOTH play, then resume the playlist.

My question, HOW DO I DO THAT for FULLY unattended play??

I can't go LIVE with this until it works. If it doesn't work, I'll have to go back to another playout software that I really don't like.
Rick Winslow, Owner/GM
WTCS FM 96.1
"The Station That Rocks"
Thomaston, Maine
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is an example. http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... c.php?p=86

But the most simple case is using the Overlay Scheduler. If you want to run it independent (even when NOT using the Program Scheduler) you can configure it accordingly (Standalone mode) in the general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler.
In the Overlay Scheduler you can now create a new entry for each full hour. Define it as a FIxed start type and set the options to as Overlay and Suspend and Pause the current playlist!
Depending on what doubling to play as a TOTH track, just define a very simple script containing just one script-line.
wtcsrocks

Post by wtcsrocks »

That's what I did.
I guess it's working after the reboot. I see TOTH show on the playout screen between songs. I have wait an hour each time to see if it worked! I set it as an Overlay, not a Program schedule.

Suggestion? Add a "Upcoming Overlays" next to the "Upcoming Programs" Icon, if possible.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help on this
. I ran your Demo for longer than I should have, probably, but it's a great program full of scripts and ways to break it! Trust me. I'll try to keep it simple from now on. You have better things to do I'm sure.
Rick Winslow, Owner/GM
WTCS FM 96.1
"The Station That Rocks"
Thomaston, Maine
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is an ‚Upcoming Overlay‘ popup display/button in the Scheduler ribbon tab. And, as said, you must set the Overlay Scheduler in Standalone mode in the settings - hope you have done this as well?
A reboot will for sure not help, as this doesn’t have anything to do with it.

And I hope you have the Professional Edition, as Overlays are only supported in the Professional or Enterprise Edition.

And the Overlay Scheduler entry should be set to as a Ficed start type.

When it is still not coming up in the Overlay Player, take a look to the Log files, you will find them in the Views ribbon tab. The Overlay Scheduler Log will tell you, why it won’t start, if it is not starting.
Post the log messages here…
wtcsrocks

Post by wtcsrocks »

Yes I have the Pro edition.
I didn't even see it as it's greyed out. As is Advert and News Management.

Ok. Your video tutorial is out of date for Overlay Scheduler.
Stand-Alone Overlays are now in a dropdown window, the tutorial has a checkbox. I couldn't find it.

I now have access to the Upcoming Overlays and I also tagged it as Station ID.
Rick Winslow, Owner/GM
WTCS FM 96.1
"The Station That Rocks"
Thomaston, Maine
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Glad you found it, as I am not re-recording a tutorial when I just change a check box ;-)
wtcsrocks

Post by wtcsrocks »

:lol: Ha ha. I agree on that.
See, if you had a typed manual, it would be so much easier to change. :D

In my spare time, maybe I'll take your audio, convert it to text and add the screenshots. Then I can read it on the couch, waiting in the car, when the power is off! Don't count on it though. Spare time? What's that? :lol:
Rick Winslow, Owner/GM
WTCS FM 96.1
"The Station That Rocks"
Thomaston, Maine