adding two items together in the fixed time elements of a script

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjb59
adding two items together in the fixed time elements of a script

Post by fjb59 »

i created a script template, i go into the template generator and go into the fixed time option. i wish to add a random jingle at 15 minutes past the hour, and a placeholder immediately after. how do i do it?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: adding two items together in the fixed time elements of a script

Post by radio42 »

You could for example execute a script as a FTE and use a count of 2 to specify the number of elements the script should return.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 10:56 You could for example execute a script as a FTE and use a count of 2 to specify the number of elements the script should return.
i tried that. created a sequential script that would pick a random track from the jingles library then a placeholder, however when tested in a template it would return a jingle in the first qquarter passt option and a placeholder in the quarter past of the next hour. how do i make it return both at the same time?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you show me your FTE definition? Eg. a screenshot.
Ie. in your ‚Execute‘ mode script-line you would need to specify Count=2. In that case it should return 2 elements from the given script.
But I have never tested it that way, as I don’t understand the reason for returning a placeholder as a FTE.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

2022-08-07.png
2022-08-07.png
radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 15:58 Can you show me your FTE definition? Eg. a screenshot.
Ie. in your ‚Execute‘ mode script-line you would need to specify Count=2. In that case it should return 2 elements from the given script.
But I have never tested it that way, as I don’t understand the reason for returning a placeholder as a FTE.
2022-08-07.png
Attachments
2022-08-07 (1).png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I wull test when I return from my holiday next week, but the execute, count=2 should actually return 2 entries and not only 1. I also don’t see any difference in the first 3 images you posted. Any reason?
But if you are trying to use adverts as FTEs, I suggest using Overlays instead!
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 17:59 I wull test when I return from my holiday next week, but the execute, count=2 should actually return 2 entries and not only 1. I also don’t see any difference in the first 3 images you posted. Any reason?
But if you are trying to use adverts as FTEs, I suggest using Overlays instead!
because i only posted two. for some reason it trebled one up.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just looked at your post, it has three of the same inline images (so it did not somehow added more, but very obviously) :-)
But good to know, that only one is actually wanted.
So still my question to understand your usecase: for what exactly are you needing the placeholder? And wouldn’t an Overlay suite/fit much better?
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 22:46 I just looked at your post, it has three of the same inline images (so it did not somehow added more, but very obviously) :-)
But good to know, that only one is actually wanted.
So still my question to understand your usecase: for what exactly are you needing the placeholder? And wouldn’t an Overlay suite/fit much better?
the show it broken into five peices so the person who puts the adds in can do it between segements. placeholder is basically a "cut here" marker and there has to be a jingle or promo just before it. that's why they need to be together and why the jingle has to come first.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So an Overlay (AsTimeUpdateSync) would also work?!
I still believe, that an FTE with Count=2 should also do its job. Else you might even use 2 FTEs, eg. one at :15:00 (Jingle) and one at :15:02 (placeholder).