GPIO client (Velleman) Scripts

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
GuntherM
GPIO client (Velleman) Scripts

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

My best friend just installed a fresh version of ProppFrexx Professional.
I wrote for him small scripts to handle his faderstarts from his mixer, with a K8055 card.
But they seem to be vanished, is there a way to restore these? Or for the future, to backup the scripts?
I think the GPIO module is apart from Propp? So the backup from Propp doesn't contain these scripts?
It's sad to do the work all over, because he is living far away from me.
Can you help us out? Btw, he did a clean install from Windows.

Thanks
Gunther
radio42
Site Admin
Re: GPIO client (Velleman) Scripts

Post by radio42 »

With 'script' I assume you mean a mapping file (for Velleman it is an .iov file - in the AppDataUse folder of the GPIO Client)?!
Also the GPIO Client already saves a .bak file each time you edit or change an existing config file, e.g. "Default.iov.bak".

So, if even that .bak file is lost, you need to check your system, as files do not just 'vanish'. This is either a serious issue or someone deleted the files manually.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Unfortunately we lost all data from the mapping file, but now I know, which file to back up in the future and where to find it. With a clean installation of Windows, everything is wiped off the system drive. Or I have to search in the Windows.old map, which is still there on the C: drive.
Maybe I can find it there and restore them back. Time to bring up Teamviewer again :D
Many thanks Bernd, you're a lifesaver. Much appreciated.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,
another question, I'm building new event librarys up, but there is something that won't work, I designed a 19" case with a K8055n card in it.
I have for each channel a led, that has to burn when, let us say, pin1 is on. Because the card is bi-directional via USB. I'm assuming there is a way in Propp to give a commando, to light up the leds? How do I make these commands, if possible?
IMG_1597.jpg
thanks,
Gunther
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can use the EXEC_SEND_VELLEMAN control-command with e.g. the parameters card|pin|state to send an output-port state change to a Velleman card.
The card must be between 0 and 3; pin(1..8) and state(true, false).
Example:

Code: Select all

EXEC_SEND_VELLEMAN 0|1|true
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

I passed that command in the user manual, but I didn't know I could send back these commands to the Velleman, thanks again, you're a life saver.

Kind greetings from Belgium.