"Resolve Overlays" not inserting overlay entries when Remote Voice Tracking

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Maartenvn
"Resolve Overlays" not inserting overlay entries when Remote Voice Tracking

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd

We are using the Overlay Scheduler to schedule Ad-breaks every 15 minutes and play those using the Overlay Player. When Remote VoiceTracking we want our presenters to see when those breaks are played and how long they will play for.

I saw the setting "Resolve Overlays" which should resolve the overlays as playlist entries to the VoiceTracker and replace the regular Overlay Player entries with Playlist entries. This is ideal as we can guarantee that the voice sample is always played at the correct time, and not interrupted or ejected by an Overlay Player.

However, when enabling this option and starting a Remote Voice Tracking session, no dynamic playlist entries are inserted. The playlist is fetched, as defined by our music scheduling software.

Our program scheduler contains an entry for every hour that plays a .pfp file that is generated by our music scheduling software. Our overlay scheduler entries are regular ad-breaks that use the ProppFrexx Advertising module.

Am I missing a specific option on the Program or Overlay entry or is this a bug in the latest version?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: "Resolve Overlays" not inserting overlay entries when Remote Voice Tracking

Post by radio42 »

Can you show, how the script looks like, which is used/generated by the import of the external log coming from your external scheduler?

And also, how the playlist looks like?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You are right - this is a current limitation. I.a. that for RVT, overlays are not resolved when the related program was already imported from an external scheduler log. This is mainly because I assume, that in such case the (dynamic) overlays are already present in the program log.
I.e. in you case, you like to import the program from an external log; but use the overlays from the local ProppFrexx scheduler (which is in general fine and possible) - but for RVTs this is currently not possible.
I'll take a look, if that can be possible in a future version.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the new v4.3.3.2 the RVT now also resolves Overlays for already created/imported playlists!
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Thank you for implementing! :)