Option to deny Remote VoiceTracking on already generated playlist

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Maartenvn
Option to deny Remote VoiceTracking on already generated playlist

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd

We have an issue with Remote VoiceTracking at the moment. We have a few fixed hours a week that are VoiceTracked and a few fixed hours that are live in the studio. Right now a remote VoiceTracker is able to download and modify every playlist and is thus able to accidently download the wrong playlist. This would normally not be a problem, as long as the user doesn't upload the modifications, but since our Overlay Entries are resolved when using RVT, the playlist gets modified and all overlays get converted to embedded containers. This is an issue for our Live Studio users, as they are trained to use the Overlay Players in their workflow and not the embedded containers.

Is it possible to add an option to a specific playlist to deny Remote VoiceTracking all together (even when te playlist template is already created)?

Is there a way to prevent altering the original playlist al together when using RVT and instead upload the new playlist to a different location and alter the original program?

Since we import from an external log program, playlist templates are already created, which causes the "AllowRemoteVoiceTracking" option to have no effect.

Thank you in advance!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Option to deny Remote VoiceTracking on already generated playlist

Post by radio42 »

This is already existing.
You need to set for each Program in the Program Edtor the Option "AllowRemoteVoiceTracking" - like shown here on the screenshot.
If this option is not set, you can not perform any Remote Voice Tracking.
AllowRemoteVoiceTracking.jpg
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd

This option is not selected for the program and Remote Voice tracking is still possible. This is presumably because our playlists have been imported by an external log, so the playlist templates are already present when attempting to VoiceTrack, unless this is a bug.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In a quick Test here i could not reproduce it and I could not select a program without this flag - so it needs further testing…
You are sure to validated the option on the program occurrence of the server side
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for sending me your calendar and data...but even with your calendar I couldn't even remote voice track any program entry (as no program entry contained the AllowRemoteVoiceTracking option). In the RVT dialog I get the following:
RVT you calendar.jpg
you

I tested it even more with all options, e.g. I created a new calendar with just 2 test programs (Test 1 and Test 2, which start every 2nd hoour). Only Test 2 has the AllowRemoteVoiceTracking option - and as expected, only this program could be remote voice tracked... here are some screenshots:
SelectedHour without Option.jpg
SelectedHour with Option.jpg
Even clicking on the '...' dots next to the date picker lists only Test 2.

So I can not find any issue or bug and the feature is working as expected.

Maybe you are using a quite outdated version? Or you are testing differently?
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd

We are using the latest version on all clients. Could this be something to do with the UAC? Each user has it's own user and password. I have created a User Group "Voice Tracker" which has no permissions selected besides "Allow RemoteControl changes", as I am unable to deselect this option.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, even UAC works here as expected.
Really strange…
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

This is really weird indeed. It is also strange that the program entry does not get updated with the description of a VoiceTrack, while this should be the case right?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you change the date/time and press the TAB key (i.e. leave the date/time field, the found program entry field will only update, when it can be retrieved. I.e. if it can not be retrieved (e.g. because the AllowRemoteVoiceTracking is not set), its value will not be changed, but first the above error message dialog is dislayed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any News?