voice track deletes placeholders

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
fjb59
voice track deletes placeholders

Post by fjb59 »

Whe i record a voice track directly before or after a placeholder, the placeholder is deleted. i don't think it should be doing that. I like the placeholder to remain where i put it rather than it dissapearing into the ether..
radio42
Site Admin
Re: voice track deletes placeholders

Post by radio42 »

Placeholder are currently by design replaced when voice tracking them (by the actual voiceover), as they are used as their name indicates for moderators/DJs to show the places, where a voiceover is needed. Hence the button to jump to the next placeholder. Many stations use this in their workflow, as they voicetrack unmoderated/automated shows, where placeholders have no visual or other meaning, except to locate those voiceover locations, i.e. the main editor already indicate those places by the placeholder.

Note, that placeholders are non playable items in a playlist anyhow.
For what do you need them in your workflow? What is your use case, i.e. why do you want to keep them?
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 27 Nov 2022 09:22 Placeholder are currently by design replaced when voice tracking them (by the actual voiceover), as they are used as their name indicates for moderators/DJs to show the places, where a voiceover is needed. Hence the button to jump to the next placeholder. Many stations use this in their workflow, as they voicetrack unmoderated/automated shows, where placeholders have no visual or other meaning, except to locate those voiceover locations, i.e. the main editor already indicate those places by the placeholder.

Note, that placeholders are non playable items in a playlist anyhow.
For what do you need them in your workflow? What is your use case, i.e. why do you want to keep them?
maybe but i used them to label sections, and i like the choice of their removal to be mine. i currently have to replace the once they are deleted.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As I can and will not change the default behavior, I can still make the following enhancement to the next version for you:
Placeholders starting with an !-sign in the title, e.g. "!Section: Name" are not replaced.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In he new v4.3.3.6 , placeholders starting with an !-sign are not replaced during VT anymore - so I hope this option helps you!