Scripting restriction

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
djbony
Scripting restriction

Post by djbony »

I have playback restrictions set for two PROMO tracks. In one case on Saturday, in the other on Saturday and Sunday. Not a single track is playing after the last update. When I remove the restriction, the tracks are scheduled... Where is the error? Everything worked...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scripting restriction

Post by radio42 »

I need more details, as in the last updates nothing was changed in that area, only in totally different areas some changes was Masse, which cannot influence the restrictions.

So please explain in Details what is not correct.
You can always activate the Debug Logging to post more details.

Maybe in your case a history setting prevents the playback of those promos. Or why do you believe that they must be played?
djbony

Post by djbony »

I have this setup. It always worked and suddenly the tracks are not scheduled. But I think that the Time Of Day and Date Range fields were not filled in earlier. It adds itself.
Attachments
Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-14 195648.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, once you entered a Track Restriction, the Time of Day (even if you did not set is explicitly) is set to 00:00:00 - 00:00:00.
The same is true for the Date Range, which is set to 01.01.0001 as its default value.
However, the time range as well as the date range is not checked, when set to its default value.

I even made a test and this also worked well (as said, nothing was changed since quite some time).
In the test, I created a small media lib with only 11 tracks.
For 1 of these tracks (track A) I did set the same track restriction as you did.
Then I created a small script which randomly picks a track from that library.
As today is Thursday, it should also pick track A...

Here is the result (as you can see, track A is picked):
Script Test.jpg
TrackA.jpg
djbony

Post by djbony »

If I do a test script, it works. As soon as I put the script in the scheduler, it doesn't work onair...
Attachments
Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-15 180741.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Which track is in question in your screenshot?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I was also running the same in a script via the scheduler and this worked as well...
TrackAScript.jpg
If you need to know, why your specific track will not be selected, you might turn on the 'Debug Logging' and the analyze the created Debug...log file.
Don't forget to switch off 'Debug Logging' when you are done...
djbony

Post by djbony »

It is about track 10. I will try to debug.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So this is about your „Proma“ library. Then also check how you have defined it and how you use it in your script and check the script-line options, script and global history settings you are using ad well.
djbony

Post by djbony »

That's clear to me.... As I wrote. After the penultimate update, I found out that the promo doesn't schedule...
I don't know if this will help, but when I remove the set restrictions for the day of the week, the promo suddenly appears in the playlist...