Using Playlist template wizard

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marvex
Using Playlist template wizard

Post by marvex »

Is there a speicif reason if I use playlist template wizard with future date show with date macros it will automatically take todays date not the future date it should be? For example, today is 27th dec, I open a show with wizard or remote voice tracking from 29th dec, and it will generate with todays date show/hour with macros into that so basically I have every day pre-recorded talkshow, and if I add a voice-over to this hour, it will generate wrong talkshow for that day.
I understand that I can resolve this with overlay scheduler, but it would be easier if I could programme it directly to program scheduler.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Using Playlist template wizard

Post by radio42 »

I don’t fully understand the step you perform.
Are you talking about remote voice tracking or the playlist template wizard in general?

Can you maybe post a screenshot which explain your exact issue?! Sorry for being not able to reproduce your case.
marvex

Post by marvex »

I will try to write more specifically. For example: my 3pm hour is scripted. Starting with hour id track; station jingel, random song, and then a prerecorded 5 minute program called Word For Today (WFTyyMMdd.mp3), what the program takes automatically from a folder. I need to add a voice over to that hour. If I open the hour today on 27th of Dec, it will change/put the Word For Today file with todays date into this hour, although I opened some other date in the furure (for example tomorrow). It doesnt matter if I do voice-over or wizard, it will generate the hour with todays date, not the date it should be in the future. If 28th of december 3pm starts, it will play the file WFT from 27th or the date I generated/opened the hour.
Until I do not need to open the hour it is scripted and works well. But if I need to add something to a specific hour it will generate it to playlist and if I have somekind of scripted show in it, it will put shows in to that hour with the date when I generate the hour, so I will have wrong stuff on air.
everything is ok if I add the voice over on the same date, because then it will generate the hour with the same date i'm in, but if I want to put a voice over to future, then script will generate the hour for playlist with todays date not the dates it will actually go on air.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I got it. You are right, this is not correct. I will fix this in the next release.
However, you can work around this issue by using the following macros instead:
${fix_yyyy}
${fix_MM}
${fix_dd}
These macros will use the correct future dated time.
marvex

Post by marvex »

Wau!!
great news if it starts working properly, So long I will test Your fix extension