Integration with Adswizz

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Alejandro Parada
Integration with Adswizz

Post by Alejandro Parada »

Hello,
I would like to know if there is any kind of integration with the Adswizz platform.
It happens that in my online radio station, we want to integrate the option of making Ad insertions.
All I need is for PFOA to send some kind of mark, previous my overlay. But that specific mark does show the TAG.
I hope I have explained myself well.

Thank you!

Here is the link of the company.
https://www.adswizz.com/publishers/insertion-suite/
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Integration with Adswizz

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain what you mean by „some kind of mark“ resp. „that specific mark does show the TAG“??

On the web-site of AdsWizz I can not find any details, except, that they can integrate with everything and totally independent - so I assume they can integrate with ProppFrexx as well?! However, I have not integrated with them yet, but I am interested to do so.
Alejandro Parada

Hello

I think the EXEC_SEND_HTTP_POST command can help me solve the problem.
I just have to know where to apply.
I currently use PFOA with autoprogramming and integrated with Traffic2000.
What I specifically need is for the EXEC_SEND_HTTP_POST command to be executed one second before my PFOA overlay block starts.
I hope my question is understood.

Thank you again Bernd for the support.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That command can be used to send a HTTP command (not sure which one), but you might know.
And it can be send with the ‚On Overlay Played‘ event, see the Overlay Scheduler entry and click on the Control-Command button.
(start with this to see, if the desired command will be send; even if it doesn't start 1 second earlier, but exactly when the overlay plays)

When importing a Traffic2000 log, you can define this event command also in the .importformats file.
Use the "<option name="OverlayCommandPlayed" value="" />" entry.
You can edit the the .importformats file in the general settings, section Folders/Libraries and click on the 'Scheduler Automation..' button.

To send the command 1 second ahead, use the 'On Overlay Shown' event. This is raised 'Show seconds in advance' ahead of the actual play time.
Note, that you should show the overlay a couple of seconds ahead, so you can now delay the command execution.
Example: assume you show the overlay 30 seconds ahead of its play time. In this case you must now wait 29 seconds to send the HTTP request.
You can do this by the following command sequence:

Code: Select all

ASYNC
SLEEP 29000
EXEC_SEND_HTTP_POST url|command
To put this in the .importformats file use the ${CRLF} macro to separate the commands:

Code: Select all

ASYNC${CRLF}SLEEP 29000${CRLF}EXEC_SEND_HTTP_POST url|command
Alejandro Parada

Sorry for the late response, but I was on vacation.
Thank you!
the solution worked perfectly.

I will open another topic for another question.

Thank you again.