PMT-Europe: Proppfrexx won't close

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
warmeman
PMT-Europe: Proppfrexx won't close

Post by warmeman »

I'm working with a friend of mine to get his button start in proppfrexx to work properly. He uses a Dateq BCS50 with a Button Start Unit from PMT-Europe ( https://www.pmteurope.com/6-faderstarts ... -midi.html ) It works great! However, when closing proppfrexx it goes wrong, this just doesn't happen. It keeps running in circles and in the end you can only close proppfrexx by ending the process in task manager or by pulling the PMT-Europe out of the USB port. Also when we uncheck the midi option in proppfrexx, proppfrexx wants to close.At first I thought it was the PMT-Europe, but with another copy we still have the same problem. In the meantime, a new PC has been purchased with the latest version of Proppfrexx, but Proppfrexx still does not want to shut down. Is there a way to solve this ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: PMT-Europe: Proppfrexx won't close

Post by radio42 »

Can you provide some more details. Ie. what exactly runs in cycles? And what exact MIDI option do you mean (the 'MIDI Control Enabled' check-box)?

At the end of ProppFrexx resp. when you deactivate the MIDI option, the MIDI device is actually closed.
It seems, that this is the actual problem resp. here an error is thrown.
I just tested it here with some MIDI devices and could not reproduce the issue - as such, I guess, that the PMT-Europe somehow throws an error on closing the MIDI device.

Can you provide the „Error.log“, which can be found in the AppDataUser folder or via the Tools ribbon tab.
SevenSenses

Post by SevenSenses »

I would also be interested in the problem, since I might want to buy an Airmate 12, here I would buy the same hardware.
warmeman

Post by warmeman »

I have not yet been to the person to investigate this further. But a solution would be if the Midi option could be switched on and off with a command when starting and closing a playlist (like with general settings, gpio/remoting, midi control enabled ) but I don't know if there is a command for that consists ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sure, all control-commands can be found in the Appendix of the User-Manual.