A top of hour jingle

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
PatConners
A top of hour jingle

Post by PatConners »

Hi everyone, I've been playing with the trial version for a few days now and wanting to know how is the easiest or best way to make a top of hour jingle station ident pop up on each hour 24/7. Think I have the playlist scripts figured out but not sure if the initial track is the right spot for this. I don't want it to slice and cut off the tune currently playing or change script just continues after the ident is played. Any and all help is mucho appreciated 8-) 8-)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: A top of hour jingle

Post by radio42 »

That depends a bit on how you structure and schedule your programs…
Eg. if you anyhow start a new program each hour, I would use the initial (first) script-line as your TOTH line (which you of course don’t loop via the Loop-Line setting).

If you have longer running programs, I assume using an overlay would serve this best. You can use the combine multiple overlays option together with overlay priority to define the exact order on case you have more that one overlay (eg. adverts).
PatConners

Post by PatConners »

Super, Thanks for the fast reply!
Now I have a folder with all the public service announcements in it could I use the overlay schedule for this and could it be done where it selects a couple of spots in random from that folder and plays them where I choose during the program? Any and all help is mucho appreciated :D :D
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sure.
First you create a media lib out of that folder.
Then you create a small script, which uses that media lib, eg. using the LastRecentlyPlayed script-line.
Now you can create an overlay, which uses that script.
PatConners

Post by PatConners »

Mucho thanks radio42
Bart ve

Post by Bart ve »

Where do I find the “combine overlay” settings, pls?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler - see the Overlay options. It is a checkbox within that combobox.
Bart ve

Post by Bart ve »

Thanks