Dedicated xmas library or script restrictions?

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
Osric
Dedicated xmas library or script restrictions?

Post by Osric »

Hi
Is http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... c622#p5955 still the best method to exclude xmas songs during automation or can I use script restrictions?

I tried using script restrctions but couldn't figure out how to do so by bulk (across hundreds of tracks).

The library idea makes sense but my concern is, what happens if the file is in two libraries? For example - I may have a xmas reggae song. So it won't play if I don't use the xmas library in my programme schedule but it might still play if I use the reggae library in my programme schedule.

I hope that makes sense!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Dedicated xmas library or script restrictions?

Post by radio42 »

Track restrictions are also very possible - pretty much like libraries - but there is indeed currently no bulk option for restrictions. So I’ll take a look at it…
Osric

Post by Osric »

Many thank for the answer and consideration of potentially adding a bulk edit function.
I don't think the library method will work in my example so I'm manually applying a xmas ruleset I created but have over 1000 tracks to get through! :o
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But… How do you identify your Xmas tracks, when they are scattered all over? As this is even needed for mass editing restrictions!
As if they are located in dedicated (even multiple folders) it still sounds, that it might make sense to put them into a dedicated library?
Osric

Post by Osric »

Yes you make a valid point, a library makes sense for organisational purposes. At the moment I am doing searches and then copying the results into a playlist which I will now add to the media library asper your point. Then I'll add the script restrictions.