overlay prio order

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
jbmusic
overlay prio order

Post by jbmusic »

Hi All,

i have a question.
I have on every TOH news which is done by a script which recurrence every hour with the overlay scheduler.
But i would like to play on a specific hour on specific days a other file instead of the TOH file.
So i would like to skip on specific hours example 12.00 hr on monday and friday the regular TOH script for a specific script.
Can i work with Prio 0 and 1 to overrule or will the script with prio 0 also been played?

example:
12.00 hr TOH is prio 0
12.00 hr TOH special is prio 1

i hope you can help me in the right direction
radio42
Site Admin
Re: overlay prio order

Post by radio42 »

You can simply delete the specific occurrence (not the series) on that day resp. hour in the scheduler. And define a new one instead.

The priority is there to define the order for overlays starting at the exact same effective time. Ie. you might have multiple overlays, which all start at exactly eg. 12:00:00. In that case, the Prio. defines the order in which these multiple overlays start.

In you case you might not be able to use an hourly recurrence, but might need to specify individual recurring overlays per hour (eg. 24 per day and use a daily recurrence). But this depends on your exceptions, what is most efficient…