auto grouping by genre metatag

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
fjb59
auto grouping by genre metatag

Post by fjb59 »

II haven't seenm a way to do this inside the program. It might already be there but if iti s i can't find it. A good timesaving feature would be to be abble to automaticall add new items in the library to a group based on the genre metatag and if the group does not alread exists, it creates it, then adds said tracks to the group.

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: auto grouping by genre metatag

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid I am not sure what you are exactly looking for?

You can add automatically add new tracks to a folder based media lib using the AutoWatch feature.
But I am not sure about what ‚group‘ you are talking about?

The genre metadata can be evaluated, filtered etc. in any media lib already?
Or do you have multiple media libs separated by its genre and want to add new tracks automatically to such media lib? And if you have a new genre, a new media library should be created on the fly?
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 18 Jul 2023 13:46 I am afraid I am not sure what you are exactly looking for?

You can add automatically add new tracks to a folder based media lib using the AutoWatch feature.
But I am not sure about what ‚group‘ you are talking about?

The genre metadata can be evaluated, filtered etc. in any media lib already?
Or do you have multiple media libs separated by its genre and want to add new tracks automatically to such media lib? And if you have a new genre, a new media library should be created on the fly?
in the library when you add folders/tracks you can them move them to catagories, but you have to do it manually, what i;m asking for is a facility thatwhen you add tracks to the library, the system can be set to automatically add the tracks to a catagory based on the genre of the tracks, alternatively wheln you select the folder ther's a move to and mocve to nnew catagory option, it would be nice if there was an option that says "move to group named after genre" or some such thing.

fore example, i add thee albums full of progressive rock tracks, all of them have progressive rock in the genre metatag, the programme reads this in if there is a catagory progressive rock, it automatically moves the track to that catagory. if there i no catagory called progressive rock, then your system creates a catagory called progressive rock and adds the tracks to it. most other radio dj software i've encountered has this facility or something similar.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but tracks are added to a media lib, but not a category. Only a lib might be assigned to a category. So a single track can not define the category of its media lib.

In addition everyone might organize their tracks and libs differently, as such, I am sorry, but I cannot fullfill your wish.