Shoutcast Monetize Advert

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Vladimir
Shoutcast Monetize Advert

Post by Vladimir »

Hi all,
anybody use or know how it's possible with ProppFrexx use the MONETIZE auto system from Shoutcast on a streming ?

Thanks in advance for any help !
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Shoutcast Monetize Advert

Post by radio42 »

SHOUTcast uses TargetSpot as its advert partner.
It is very simple, as it uses the metadata to trigger ad breaks from 30s to 120s.
E.g. you use a dedicated local audio track which is tagged with the specific metadata to trigger the ad insert on the SHOUTcasr side.
As ProppFrexx supports automatic meta data updates as well as the SHOUTcast v2 streaming protocol, there is nothing else you need within ProppFrexx.

Details are explained here:
https://www.shoutcast.com/monetize
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Perfect, i will try, Thanks

i change the Metadata on a Overlay Jingle and i got this from History of shoutcat :

18:59:58 Advert Trigger: - Advert:

it's correct way ?
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Working !
Just listened de auto add from TargetSpot !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You should set the song title to only "Advert:"

When you set the Streaming Title Update Format to "${trackname}" you can tag the jingle or advert audio track with e.g. an empty Artist, but only set the Title to "Advert:":
TitleUpdateFormat.png

Alternatively you can set a special value to the Moderator Text in the meta data (TAG Editor) to overwrite any meta data, but directly set the song title.
"SONGTITLE=Advert:"
ModeratorText4TitleUpdate.png

Within a script (resp. script-line) you can also explicitly set the song title by clicking on the "T" button:
ScriptTitle.png

Within an overlay you can define what song tile should be used within that overlay. E.g. you can set the song title by only using the overlay description as the song title:
OverlayTitle.png

By doing so, you can set any song title update exactly as required by the target system's ad stitching.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

radio42 wrote: 24 Jul 2023 20:17 You should set the song title to only "Advert:"

When you set the Streaming Title Update Format to "${trackname}" you can tag the jingle or advert audio track with e.g. an empty Artist, but only set the Title to "Advert:":
TitleUpdateFormat.png

Alternatively you can set a special value to the Moderator Text in the meta data (TAG Editor) to overwrite any meta data, but directly set the song title.
"SONGTITLE=Advert:"
ModeratorText4TitleUpdate.png

Within a script (resp. script-line) you can also explicitly set the song title by clicking on the "T" button:
ScriptTitle.png

Within an overlay you can define what song tile should be used within that overlay. E.g. you can set the song title by only using the overlay description as the song title:
OverlayTitle.png

By doing so, you can set any song title update exactly as required by the target system's ad stitching.

WHAO !!! for now i had ONLY edit the MetaTag artis/title with Advert:/Advert: and work, tomorrow i will check/test all your infos ! Thanks for help and nice program !