ProppFrexx hangs while saving general settings

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Kyle FM
ProppFrexx hangs while saving general settings

Post by Kyle FM »

When saving the general settings menu ProppFrexx hangs for around a minute. If a track is already playing, it continues to play, but new tracks are not started until the program stops freezing. The UI freezes for around a minute. Also the OnSilence event is triggered, even though no silence occurs sometimes.

This occurs since we are using StereoTool as a VST on a mixer channel. Without StereoTool the issue is not present. So it may be ProppFrexx taking too much time to save those settings. The weird thing is that the freeze occurs when saving the general settings, without mixer settings being altered. Saving the mixer preset directly in the mixer window also causes a freeze with the same weird issues.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx hangs while saving general settings

Post by radio42 »

Yes, it sounds like ProppFrexx takes too much time to save all settings. However, there is nothing to improve, as it is ‚just‘ saving the values to a file.

Normal is 1 or 2 seconds for saving all values.

If it takes longer (eg. a minute) there is definitely an issue with your IO sub-system.

Where is your configuration saved? Locally or on a network drive?
Since when does this happen? What was changed since then?
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

The configuration is saved to an internal Samsung SSD, so the drive is fast enough. It is not the same drive as the boot drive, but that shouldn't really matter here.

The save time has been very long since we installed the StereoTool VST to one of our mixer channels.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please remove that VST temp. to see, if that changes things?!

However, I also tried StereoTools in the past and did not experience such behavior. I also know, that many other user sinuses it and I never got such issue…. so we must investigate the root cause.