how to use mixer events to sync mcu to propfrexx fader

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjb59
how to use mixer events to sync mcu to propfrexx fader

Post by fjb59 »

Hello. i have this command
EXEC_SEND_MIDI2_MCU fader|7|${inputmixer1volume}
i want it fo fire off when i move my voicetracking facer on proprexx
i think i need to put it in one of the fader events in the fade/commands section.
Which one and how do i determine it fires only on the voicetracking fader as i have more than one input fader?

Thank you
radio42
Site Admin
Re: how to use mixer events to sync mcu to propfrexx fader

Post by radio42 »

I assume you know how to construct MCU MIDI commands and what to send to your Midi device?!

The EXEC_SEND_MIDI2_MCU command send a MCU command to the 2nd MIDI device.
The ${inputmixer1volume} macro resolves the volume of the first input mixer (counted from left to right) as an integer value between 0 and 127.
You can e.g. use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event to send mixer commands when the fader is moved.

All commands and macros are explained in the User Manual Appendix.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 11 Sep 2023 08:04 I assume you know how to construct MCU MIDI commands and what to send to your Midi device?!

The EXEC_SEND_MIDI2_MCU command send a MCU command to the 2nd MIDI device.
The ${inputmixer1volume} macro resolves the volume of the first input mixer (counted from left to right) as an integer value between 0 and 127.
You can e.g. use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event to send mixer commands when the fader is moved.

All commands and macros are explained in the User Manual Appendix.
yeah. i'm good with constructing command for the mcu. I made the one in my origional post above. what i need to know is how to tie it to the VT input mixer in propfrexx so that when i adjust the vt input in propfrexx, it adjusts the relevent fader on the mcu.
I assume i need to poit something in the mixer section events/commands. which one? and how do i determine which propfrexx mixer control triggered the event. is there a variable that states which profrexx mixer controll triggered the event?

The events/command sectiion of the manual does seem to cover any heavy detail on this.
to put it more simply, or in programmers terms, if i want to put some code in one of the events the events/commands configuration or propfrexx, when the event is triggered, how do i determine what control triggered the event?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said: You can e.g. use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event to send mixer commands when the fader is moved.

There is no control-command or event section for VT. But as you record a VT using a source - it is actually this source mixer channel you are using.
I.e. you can use the contrl-commands of that mixer channel. Right-click on that mixer input channel, select 'Edit Control Command Events...' and use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 11 Sep 2023 13:42 As said: You can e.g. use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event to send mixer commands when the fader is moved.
but i didn't ask how to do that. I asked how to determine which fader is moved on proprfrexx, not on the mcu. Although to be fair i think you asnwer my question below. ~Thank you for that,

[quote[
There is no control-command or event section for VT. But as you record a VT using a source - it is actually this source mixer channel you are using.
I.e. you can use the contrl-commands of that mixer channel. Right-click on that mixer input channel, select 'Edit Control Command Events...' and use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event.
[/quote]

oh right. you mean each profrexx control has it's own event trigger i can acess and attach code toby rught right click menu ?
that should simplify things. thank you :)
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

fjb59 wrote: 11 Sep 2023 16:02
radio42 wrote: 11 Sep 2023 13:42 As said: You can e.g. use the 'OnVolumeChanged' event to send mixer commands when the fader is moved.
but i didn't ask how to do that. I asked how to determine which fader is moved on proprfrexx, not on the mcu. Although to be fair i think you asnwer my question below. ~Thank you for that,

[quote[
oh right. you mean each profrexx control has it's own event trigger i can acess and attach code toby rught right click menu ?
that should simplify things. thank you :)
[/quote]
found it. thank you
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Correct ;-)