one fader 2 players

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
tatje
one fader 2 players

Post by tatje »

hello Bernd,
I work here on my mixing console with 1 fader for 2 players.
when I start the fader it plays a track on player A, when I pull the fader back to 0 position I use this command EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|equals(0)|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT.
and when I start the fader again, the next track plays in player B.
so far so good. my question, is it possible that when the track starts the function EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|equals(0)|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT. only works when the track plays for 5 seconds?.
The case is that if you start the track with the fader up and then change your mind, you pull back the fader and then delete the track (I would like to have 5 seconds of thinking time before the function EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|equals(0) )|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT works)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: one fader 2 players

Post by radio42 »

Code: Select all

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Greater(5.0)|SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT
First you check, that AutoPlay is off (${autoplay}|Equals(0)).
If that is the case you check, if the current playing tracks position is > 5.0 (${cpltimepos}|GreaterEq(5.0)).
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello Bernd, that's what I meant, thank you.

the code is now like this:
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(1)|PLS_CURRENT_PAUSENOFADE_CURRENT
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Greater(5.0)|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Less(5.0)|PLS_CURRENT_PAUSENOFADE_CURRENT
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(1)|SHOW_COUNTDOWN 3600|PLAYLIST IS STILL ON AUTOMATIC
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello bernd,
another question, is there also a macro for the stanby player?
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Greater(3.0)|STANDBY_EJECTNOFADE 1
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, see the User Manual Appendix it contains all macros and available control-commands and is always accurate.

All Standby Player commands so start with STANDBY…
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello Bernd,
Unfortunately I cannot find the macro for the timepos for the track in the standby player in the manual.
this one for the playlist track (${cpltimepos} : the track position in seconds of the current playlist ).
but this does not work for the track in the standby player.
the only macros related to the standby player that I see are these .(${standbyXisplaying} : is standby player of the standby player X (as a string) .
${standbyXtrackname} : the current trackname of the standby player.

Tatje,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

For the time position of the standby player there is no macro! Only various commands to play the standby player.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Okay Bernd,
that's too bad.
I wanted the same as described above for the standby player.
thank you for your response.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure for what use case, but currently this is not possible. Ie. you can not control all features Nd players with just one fader.
I can put your desire on the wish-list, but I am not sure, when this is possible to implement.

The macro you mentioned will already work (except your 5 seconds grace period). But I don’t see this as critical, as standby players work different than DJ Players, ie. they don’t eject tracks by default anyhow. As such, I don’t really see the grace period necessary here.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello Bernd,
The fact is that I use 1 fader to control the 2 players of the playlist, and I use 1 other fader for the stanby player and/or the cartwal.
I start this standby player with the following command (EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|STANDBY_PLAYNOFADE 1) .
And fader stop command(CW1_STOP_ALL
CW2_STOP_ALL
CW1_DESELECT_ALL
CW2_DESELECT_ALL
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|STANDBY_EJECTNOFADE 1).
And with this fader I also use the cartwal, so 2 functions.
If you make a macro in the future for the standby player with the possibility of a reflection period, I will eagerly await this.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Greetings Tatje