How to best configure PF

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
lorenzo
How to best configure PF

Post by lorenzo »

Hi,
I'd like to purchase PF as professional non-commercial license, what is the best way to organize the music and the media libraries?
I thought to create playlist media libraries: one for ALL the music and like other 5 to divide the music based on how much time has passed since the release and other libraries for the jingles.
Is it an effective way to organize everything?
My music is stored on a Synology NAS, I'd like to be able to modify the media libraries it from everywhere and update them directly; I thought to use the PF Tagger and modify everything directly on the NAS, in this way everything should be synchronized?
This way of dividing the media libraries is it good for PF Scripts?
I hope that I've been clear.

Thank you in advance.
Lorenzo
lorenzo
Re: How to best configure PF

Post by lorenzo »

Until now I have modified the media libraries only on PN ON Air, not in PF Tagger, what changes?
To clarify what said before the other 5/6 categories to divide the media libraries are: Power, Light, Medium, Current, Oldies, Gold; I saw that these categories in PF tagger are divided in "grouping", in PF On Air i put the language in "Groping" where could i put the language instead?

Thank you in advance.
Lorenzo
lorenzo

Post by lorenzo »

Last question, what is the use for "Type" in the Track Data since is not something i can filter in the script i can't find the use for it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Playlist or folder based media libs both have advantages and disadvantages… see here: viewtopic.php?p=16

That post also lists all tags you might want to use, eg. You can use eg. the mood, grouping, energy or style fields - you can even use a comma separated list of value and filter using a contains argument if you want to use multiple values.

The Type value is also called the media entry type is used for various reasons, eg. you can filter and exclude certain types from eg. song title updates, histories, logs etc.