Trigger playlist playback OSC

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
benjavides
Trigger playlist playback OSC

Post by benjavides »

Hi I have two questions related to the same objective: I would like to start playing a playlist from the start using an OSC message with the name of the playlist.
Currently I'm doing this:

My commands are:

Code: Select all

PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF
PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT
PLS_CURRENT_SELECT ${oscdata1}
PLS_CURRENT_SELECT_ENTRY 1
SLEEP 1000
PLS_CURRENT_LOAD_SELECTED
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON
Ideally it would work even if the playlist is not open on Proppfrexx. But I couldn't find a command to open a playlist by specifying its name or path. So currently I have to previously make sure that all the playlist that I would possible want to trigger are open in Proppfrexx. 1) Is there an alternative to this?

2) I'm ejecting the current playlist with the objective of stopping all sound so that the playlist that is being trigger sounds by itself. However if for any reason there is more than one playlist playing my script only stops the "current" one. I would like to stop everything. What would be the best way to do this? I would like to avoid having to send a command to stop every playlist by specifying its name because that would force me to update the remote OSC sender anytime a new playlist is added on proppfrexx. I saw that there is a PLS_CURRENT_OPENED_GET command but is there a way to iterate over those results and execute some logic for each of them?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Trigger playlist playback OSC

Post by radio42 »

No, this is not possible.
Playlist files are identified by its filename and path.
So you need to open a playlist file by its filename.

The playlist name is unrelated to its filename and might be different.

Iteration or additional logic needs to be coded in the other side of ProppFrexx, ie. the sender of the OSC commands.
benjavides
Re: Trigger playlist playback OSC

Post by benjavides »

Ok, thanks for your response. I'll have to manually open the playlist that will be triggered every time and decide in advance the names of the playlists and hardcode them in the commands.