Archive "don't works" when pre-generating show

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marvex
Archive "don't works" when pre-generating show

Post by marvex »

Hi
seems that Archive function don't work when I Create Playlist template.. on program scheduler.
is this bug ? or can I make archive some how when I creating show and I will make changes on it.
if I don't Create Playlist template.. of the show before the show and let the program generate it before the start of the show, the archiving seems to work, but if I generate the show myself, the archiving doesn't work.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 04.51.34.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Archive "don't works" when pre-generating show

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this is by design.
The intention for the Archive playlist function is, that when you repeat a script at a different, later time, that the same tracks being played at that time are not used again. This can be achieved, when you also specify that same Archive playlist also as the Additional History.

When you create a Playlist Template, you 'simply' pre-create a playlist file based on a script. At that time this function wouldn't make sense, as writing an archive would actually contain the same tracks which are just generated in that playlist again. So it wouldn't even make sense to use that same tracks as an additional song history.

Can you maybe explain your use case, why you would need to save the 'playlist' you just generated as an archive resp. additional song history?
Note, that there are already multiple histories, e.g. the global and script history - not sure, if these might better be used for your use case.
marvex

Post by marvex »

Actually for our use case it's make sense ;)
We have quit a lot pre-recorded talkshows which are mostly ready on the same day or a few days before and are described accordingly in the system that program scheduler can take that file and but to on air. Depending on the time, there is no necessary program for that day and then we but some old show from that category to on air.
Depending on the show, the same show is played as a repeat in the evening or on a following day, and accordingly, the program is also described to take the corresponding archive file.
In this case, if we prepare the program manually ( Create playlist template) , we also have to add the repetition manually, ideally it could still work automatically
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, if an archive file (which would always be saved under the same file) would help in such case?!
Ie. if you use the same script to generate multiple templates, they would overwrite each others archive.

When you reschedule a pre-generated show, it results to a playlist. Why don’t you reference that playlist file in your repeated show directly?

If you want to fully automatically do that reference, ie. always exactly repeat the show at fixed times, you can even do this by related macro functions and as such reference a playlist, e.g. exactly -24h or -9hours before…

That would be much more safe than using a static archive file, which might potentially be overwritten, if you use the same script in between.
marvex

Post by marvex »

Yes - that's ok when this be overwritten -
Let's say we have every Monday at 12 o' clock show "Time to talk" and we repeat it at 22:00.
And every Monday we have new show, which means that it is OK and even necessary to overwrite it.

but it seems that if we can schedule, so to speak, minus some time ago . then the repetition is every time at a certain time, perhaps the macro solution you proposed could work perfectly - a small hint, what this macro should contain, so that it works as you described.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A Template Playlist by default resolves to a script loading the generated playlist with the following script-line:

Code: Select all

LoadPlaylist, 
C:\Path to your Pls\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}.pfp
I.e. it uses the following format:

...\yyyyMMdd_HHmm\yyyyMMdd_HHmm.pfp
The ${start} macro can be used in your repeated program to denote the effective start time of that program. Use it as again in a LoadPlaylist script-line, but we now have to subtract X hours to calculate and reference the generated playlist (in your example we have to subtract 12 hours) - i.e. like this:

LoadPlaylist,
C:\Path to your Pls\*[DATE:{${start}}:{hours}:{-12}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}]\*[DATE:{${start}}:{hours}:{-12}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}].pfp
(see the DATE control command function in the User Appendix of the User Manual for details)
marvex

Post by marvex »

as an example, I gave a show with a time difference of 12 hours,

but if now the time of the first show is 16:30 and the repeat is 22:00 - does it also work as a minute calculation?

LoadPlaylist,
C:\Path to your Pls\*[DATE:{${start}}:{minutes}:{-330}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}]\*[DATE:{${start}}:{minutes}:{-330}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}].pfp
as an example, I also found on the forum that if there is a program for the next day and at a specific time, how to put it on:
Example2:
If you want to repeat a program which played at 10:00h, but 3 days later, you can specify the following LoadPlaylist script-line entry:
C:\My Music\*[DATE:{${start_yyyy}-${start_MM}-${start_dd}}:{days}:{-3}:{yyyyMMdd}]_1000.pfp

but at the moment it is confusing how to solve the not full hour show on the same day

Right now I put test like this:

LoadPlaylist,
P:\2raTorgi\EditedTimes\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_1630\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_1630.pfp
and I think It's works
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can also calculate the file name using minutes!
As such, you are correct: -330 minutes would mean minus 5h and 30 min. E.g. 22:00:00 -> 16:30:00

No, the *[DATE fuction always need a propper time value as the first parameter, i.e. the ${start} macro should be used.
E.g. when you wanto repeat a show exactly at the same time, but minus you can specify:

*[DATE:{${start}}:{days}:{-3}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}
marvex

Post by marvex »

New "problem"
it works one way or the other ;) -
Ideally, it is programmed to broadcast at 22:00 and it plays according to the date and settings.
In the worst case, there is no program with that date, and then you scheduler the hour at 22:00 manually and a put right show there.
The next day at 18:00 there is a repeat of the same show - how to program it so that it plays when it is automatically generated there or when it is manually placed there
When It's works automatically then folder and file with this date and time will not be created - so that the above example can be used, then the Archive version would work, but ....
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, if I understand correctly, but now it sounds like a different use case ;-) So the answer is different of course.
Now it sounds, that you would like to repeat ‚whatever is played‘. Eg. the easiest way in such case is to record the show when it originally on airs. And then you repeat this recoding.
Another option is to archive your playlist generated and then re-schedule this playlist.
Both options incl. the ‚SaveScheduledPlaylistFile‚ option are explained in this post:
viewtopic.php?p=10805