How can I organize my songs without spending months on it?

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How can I organize my songs without spending months on it?

Post by radio42 »

Correct, this is how you edit values in the grid.
For multi value fields like the ‚Grouping‘ for example use the semicolon (;) to separate them.
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Hello Bernd,
Is it possible to avoid a complete rescan when I open Tagger?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Tagger application is a free tagging application.
It needs to scan the selected folder for all contained tracks and thus it needs to read all meta data of all tracks.

In ProppFrexx ONAIR you can edit all the meta data and do the same mass data changes as well. Just enable the ‚Direct TAG Editing‘ option from the ribbon tab - and disable it to save all changes.
You can not define your folder as a folder based media library. This scans all tracks initially and when done, it saves that list to a hidden playlist file. So each time that media lib is opened for editing it does not need to read all tracks again.
You can then however perform a rescan of new tracks manually any time or even enable the ‚AutoWatch‘ feature to detect changes automatically when PF is running.
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Hello Bernd and happy Xmas.
Thanks for your reply, I've understand why the system analysed the whole file. It's true, I must never forget that PFOA works on the basis of playlists only.
For mass tagging, I tested on PFOA directly as you advised. I reorganised the header of the grid and it looks really good.
The advantage in this mode is that the sound of the tracks goes through PFL whereas on Tagger, I can only listen to the sounds if PFOA is stopped. But I think that's down to my configuration.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said ProppFrexx ONAIR does not need to scan all files!
And you can configure in the Tagger, what device you want to use there.