open the same date

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
marvex
open the same date

Post by marvex »

Please take a look of this error. Every day the system opens the same date 6 am hour.
I program a new 6 am hour, but the system opens the same old 6 am hour which is old and outdated. This happens every day.
It has been going on for a long time, but I discovered it only today that this is the issue.
Other hours are working correctly.
Please look at the video I took a screenrecording of it.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/lDqTDhMWqbA[/youtube]

[url}https://www.dropbox.com/s/2orjvdqrh4o9z ... 1.mov?dl=0[/url]
marvex
Re: open the same date

Post by marvex »

In addition to the "mystic" information

I added played tracks report :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

the keyword is "stp_231120"
that is, if you watch it now through 6 am -
in connection with this, you can see that somehow it has strangely been playing the same date throughout time
although there is PKK and stp in the system with overlay
and pkk has changed every time, but STP has not - and when I test the overlays - then they are works correctly ( STP as well )
I have this overlay STP (STP2.0) 3-4 time over the day
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 12.41.45.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: open the same date

Post by radio42 »

I am pretty sure, that this is NOT a bug!
Still, with the information provided I can not really tell you why and what is going wrong. BUT I can explain you the principle, so you can check and correct the issue probably yourself. There are only 2 possibilities...

The first one is, that your Program Scheduler.calendar file or system date time handling got somehow corrupted. To exclude that, please make a reboot of your machine and try again. And let me know, what exact version of PF you are using.

The 2nd possibility is, that the script used was manually changed.
When you initially (for the first time) create a playlist template for an existing program, the following is happening:

1) a new playlist is being created based on the existing program scheduler entry (resp. the existing script assigned)
The playlist is placed in the defined script base folder using the defined dynamic name.
By default in a sub-folder yyyyMMdd_HHmm and using the filename yyyyMMdd_HHmm.pfp.
(Note: macros are used to resolve the names)

2) a new script is created with the name "Playlist Template [<old script name>]".
This script will contain 2 script-lines have the LoopLine option set to 2.
Script-Lines are:

Code: Select all

1. Mode=LoadPlaylist, Entry=BasePath/${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}.pfp, Count=1
2. Mode=Execute, Entry=<old script name>, Count=1
Example of the first script-line in your case should be:

Code: Select all

P:\2raTorgi\EditedTimes\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_${start_HH}${start_mm}.pfp
3) A new Program Scheduler Entry will be created using that new script from 2)!
This important, as this script will reference thru the used macros the dynamically created playlist.

And now the point what might go wrong from here (if some things are manually edited for example)...

Each next time you create another playlist template (like you do), the same steps as above will be executed, except step 2)!
It will simply be checked, if an existing script exists, whose first script-line is using a LoadPlaylist mode. If that is the case, the existing script is NOT re-created (to prevent hundred of scripts) BUT re-used as is!
I.e. only step 1) and 3) are executed.

So if the existing script is incorrectly loading a 'wrong' playlist, e.g. it is modified manually and doesn't contain the correct macros, a wrong playlist might also be loaded.
I can unfortunately not see and check our script being used...