question about VT

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Johan
question about VT

Post by Johan »

Hey,

1st
How can you ensure that someone who does VT can only see his hours and VT. and not that of a colleague.or is there a possibility to only open DJ A's vt hours to DJ A and DJ B sees these but cannot adjust the hours

2de
In pf it is possible to upload tracks yourself in your vt session. Can you prevent this? Or can you ensure that poor quality cannot be charged and only wav or mp3 320kbs

a colleague works with station playlist, which is more limited in options than the fantastic proppfrexx in the vt module, but there you can only see your hours and you cannot upload tracks either.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: question about VT

Post by radio42 »

Once a program is marked for Voice Tracking; any user with a client and password can see these programs. There is no additional user concept, that assigns programs to DJs, so that only certain DJ can voice track specific programs.
These assignments can be made my a mutual arrangement between the DJs.

No. This is also just an arrangement and rule you can define between your DJs.

I guess a simple manual rule to tell the DJs to only VT their shows and not others and to only use high quality tracks.
If they violate those rules, just discuss this rule with them.
I.e. I could also not automatically ensure that rubbish voice overs are forbidden ;-)
ProppFrexx doesn't currently have these rules. But I can put this on the wish-list.
atlantic

Post by atlantic »

This would be nice
Johan

Post by Johan »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for your always quick and thorough feedback. You know DJs, they are sometimes idiosyncratic and think they know something about technology or sound processing. It's a pity that a vt session, for example, cannot be linked to a user. is this something that can be looked at in the future? That was an okay question from our colleague Atlantic, who you know well.
Last edited by Johan on 06 Jan 2024 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please read my above post, which ended with "But I can put this on the wish-list."
So yes, I will look into it... :-)
Johan

Post by Johan »

Bernd,

We read that post ;-)
Have a great weekend
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Added to v4.4.3.0.
A new list of allowed users can now be added to a program... see this post for details: viewtopic.php?t=3564