Soundfiles are beying skipped in the playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Pink_Radio
Soundfiles are beying skipped in the playlist

Post by Pink_Radio »

Once in a while i have PF skiping certain (mp3 files/talks). The files are prerecorded and fixed in the playlist. When PF loads the playlist the files are added with timing but when it's time to play the file PF just skips the file (changes the timing to 00:00) and goes on to the next file. Anyone who has this error also or know how to solve it?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Soundfiles are beying skipped in the playlist

Post by radio42 »

That typically indicates, that the files are corrupt and cannot be played. But to validate that, I would need one or two example files.
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

That is actually the weird thing since they play on other moments in the playlist without anny issues (other hours or if you put them in the playlist manually)
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

But just to be sure... https://we.tl/t-mtcJWYu3cp (files were to big to add as attachment)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the files do play fine here - that is not the issue!
Have you maybe set any special track option in the playlist? E.g. SkipDuringAutoPlay for those files?

And what do you mean by '...and fixed in the playlist' - are these Fixed Time Elements?
Maybe these are also skipped or suppressed resp. discarded or deferred due to a Script Rule? Are you using Script Rules?
Are these pre-generated playlists (if yes, maybe you can send me your .pfp file) or are theses entries dynamically generated via a script...?
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

Thanks for your quick reply! So the only rule I use for these files (added in the playlist as 'loadtrack') is 'Supress History Check' and 'Supress Add History'. No other rules also no script rules added. With fixed in the playlist i meant added as loadtrack. No timings or anything added. Playlist via this link; https://wetransfer.com/downloads/be9cc4 ... 744/08f37b
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Looks all good to me.
The only idea I have would be, that the files you refer to do reside on a network drive (M:) - so maybe this drive is temp. unavailable at that drive and that's why those files can not be played?
That would be the only logical explanation I would have.
You could temp. enable the Debug Logging (see the general settings, section Other Stuff) and send me the related Debug....log file with the exact time when this happens again.
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

And what if i would use the normal link to the file (C:) that link to the file in the load track area instead of the link of the network drive? I need my M disk for other functions (news, commercials,...). Would that work?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

? Normally any drive should work - except there is an issue with the availability.
I don’t get your question…
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

So i have done everything you asked and also changed the link/path to the file to the normal c:/ drive and still PF is skipping files. Any other ideas? Tips? I have nothing else running on this machine exept from PF, McAfee (virusscan), Windows Security, Qsync and Anydesk. The system is not running any other software or operation.
Attachments
IMG_5498.jpg