Soundfiles are beying skipped in the playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Pink_Radio
Re: Soundfiles are beying skipped in the playlist

Post by Pink_Radio »

In addition to my previous post. Another strange thing happend. So apart from the fact that files are being skipped by PF when the are scheduelled in the playlist (as mentioned before). PF played an old file (speak) that already was overwritten via Anydesk on the disk. I have checked and the file is changed however PF plays the (non excisting) ('ghost')file in the playlist. File was however overwritten by a new file form yesterday and shouldn't be on the disk anymore. Help!?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, as said, only the Debug Logging might reveal it.
BUT…
Is the entry really skipped?
Maybe the Automatic Cue Point Detection (ACPD) just calculated for those files a ‘bad’ CueIn, Next or CueOut position and as such it results in almost 0 sec. duration?
What happens, if you now double click on such an entry?
It should open it in the PFL Player and you can check, it the track loads or if it fails?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx always opens the file at the time it was loaded to the DJPlayer! Note, that this is in advance of when it is played!

But… at the time, when a file is loaded to a DJPlayer, ProppFrexx might load the file at that moment into memory (see the general settings- here you can control or disable that option).

So if the file is later overwritten (after it was already loaded) this would explain the bahavior.

This might also explain your initial issue?!
Eg. if exactly at the time when the file is loaded into the DJPlayer is not fully available or is currently being overwritten- it might be corrupt at that moment in time!
Later it might be okay… eg. once the transmission is done.

So make sure, that the file is finally available at the moment it is loaded to a DJ Player.
I now must assume, that this is not the case in your scenario…
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

radio42 wrote: 06 Feb 2024 11:43 No, as said, only the Debug Logging might reveal it.
BUT…
Is the entry really skipped?
Maybe the Automatic Cue Point Detection (ACPD) just calculated for those files a ‘bad’ CueIn, Next or CueOut position and as such it results in almost 0 sec. duration?
What happens, if you now double click on such an entry?
It should open it in the PFL Player and you can check, it the track loads or if it fails?!
If i double click on the file in the playlist it just plays in pfl. No errors or fails. The file loads and plays... Can you let me know where i can find more information to share with you (debug logging)?
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

radio42 wrote: 06 Feb 2024 11:58 ProppFrexx always opens the file at the time it was loaded to the DJPlayer! Note, that this is in advance of when it is played!

But… at the time, when a file is loaded to a DJPlayer, ProppFrexx might load the file at that moment into memory (see the general settings- here you can control or disable that option).

So if the file is later overwritten (after it was already loaded) this would explain the bahavior.

This might also explain your initial issue?!
Eg. if exactly at the time when the file is loaded into the DJPlayer is not fully available or is currently being overwritten- it might be corrupt at that moment in time!
Later it might be okay… eg. once the transmission is done.

So make sure, that the file is finally available at the moment it is loaded to a DJ Player.
I now must assume, that this is not the case in your scenario…
So if i understand your right i should add the new files sooner to the location where proppfrexx takes them from? i had however the same issue with a file this hour where the file was overwritten this early morning. Is that possible with in this theorie?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If the file plays fine in the PFL Editor it can only be an issue as explained above. Else I would have no other explanation.
Yes, the files should be fully uploaded and not changed right before a DJ Player loads them.

If you want to turn Debug Logfing on, only to it temp. to track the error. Once done, deactivate Debug Logfing again.
Then locate the Debug….log file in your ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder and send the whole file to me (you can not inspect it). And tell me the timestamp when the issue happened (as the log might become very large i wouldn’t find else).
Pink_Radio

Post by Pink_Radio »

radio42 wrote: 06 Feb 2024 15:21 If the file plays fine in the PFL Editor it can only be an issue as explained above. Else I would have no other explanation.
Yes, the files should be fully uploaded and not changed right before a DJ Player loads them.

If you want to turn Debug Logfing on, only to it temp. to track the error. Once done, deactivate Debug Logfing again.
Then locate the Debug….log file in your ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder and send the whole file to me (you can not inspect it). And tell me the timestamp when the issue happened (as the log might become very large i wouldn’t find else).
I'm trying now to use the news schedueler for these kind of files and scheduelle then in the playlist as a news item. Not it's getting played the only issue is now PF doesn't follow the A-Z role. I want him to play the items in alphabetical order. Any idea what this could be?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What is you A-Z role? Can you explain in a bit more detail what you exactly do, how you schedule things (are you using the Overlay or a regular script?), can you maybe provide some screenshots of your script or overlay etc.