The playlists only appear at the last moment.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
claudius06
The playlists only appear at the last moment.

Post by claudius06 »

Hello,

I have (for example) a one-hour program that repeats every hour (mode Run Scheduler). On my screen, I see the tracks scheduled in the playlist, but the playlist for the next hour only appears a few seconds before it starts. So, I only discover the next tracks when the first one is played.

My questions:
1/ Is it possible to know in advance the playlist for the next hour or program?
2/ Is it possible to have an overview of the content for the entire day?

Thank you for your answers.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: The playlists only appear at the last moment.

Post by radio42 »

You define yourself, how and when the new playlist is shown (see the StartType of a Program).
By default a new playlist windows opens ‚Show seconds in Advance‘ ahead of its start time, eg. When you set this to 70sec. the new playlist is shown 70sec. in advance. You might increase that time.

If you want to start the new playlist in the same playlist window and not an extra window, use the TUS StartType of the program.

In addition you can also pre-generate the playlists, eg. one day in advance. In that case the scheduled entries convert to a playlist, which is then loaded instead of the script being executed in ‚real-time‘. See the general settings, Scheduler Automation for details.
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Thank you Bernd and sorry because I understand that I explained myself poorly. Actually, I can see the playlist that will follow the current one, but when it starts, the tracks played are not the ones that were planned. There seems to be a reloading of the playlist, just one second before the launch.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This seems impossible. How is your script looking like? Please show an example or screenshot!
What do you mean by planned? Who was planning it and how?

Are you maybe using a LoadPlaylist script-line? If yes, does that playlist file maybe change after it was loaded?
Any scheduled playlist file (i.e. as added via a 'LoadPlaylist' script-line) is being monitored. In case the 'LastWriteTime' of such playlist has been changed, it will be reloaded on-the-fly starting with the currently playing entry number. E.g. if the currently playing playlist item relates to the 5th playlist entry number all playlist entries starting with the 6th playlist entry number will automatically be reloaded and exchanged in the currently running playlist. So you can now make changes to already running playlists e.g. from a 2nd ProppFrexx instance or any other playlist editor or in your external scheduler at any time!
Maybe you experience this feature?
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Hello Bernd,

I am so confused and embarrassed because I hadn't understood that the playlist following the one currently playing appears in a new tab, and it's the content of that tab that displays on the screen when it starts. So simply. So, let's forget my question, which is silly. :oops:
(In my defense, while waiting to switch to PFOA, I am still currently working with another (online) system that is much more basic and has a rather different philosophy.)

And still on the subject of music scheduling, I have 2 questions:

1/ if I modify the content of the currently playing playlist, does the content of the next playlist adapt dynamically? For example, if I add "Roxanne" by The Police to the currently playing playlist, even though this track was already in the playlist for the next hour, will the system replace it to avoid duplication?

2/ does PFOA know how to compare one day to another to avoid too many repetitions? I assume it does, of course, but I would like to make sure.

Thank you again.
Claude.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes. By default the scripts are executed in real-time. Meaning only certain tracks (number is configurable) are scheduled in advance and the entire (history) checks are executed at that time.
But when a new playlist loads already new tracks are scheduled. So the history check is executed at that time. Eg. changes made later can of course not be considered.

Yes, the comparison is made based on the history and the entry statistic of each track.
To have the best separation I suggest using then ‚LeastRecentlyPlayed‘ script-line mode instead of the Random mode.