Stopwatch / Time Elapsed / Countdown

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Adger
Stopwatch / Time Elapsed / Countdown

Post by Adger »

Especially when preproducing a show it would be helpful to know how much time has passed since some event (i.e. starting to record a show) or how much time is left. It would be useful to have a countdown or "time elapsed since..." stopwatch feature with PFOA and PFOA Time.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Stopwatch / Time Elapsed / Countdown

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain your use case with a bit more details, as I do not fully understand your scenario.
E.g. when manually preparing a show, you might define your 'Backtiming' settings for such playlist as not to start with the current time, but with a certain given time.
In such case you can directly see 'how far# you are...?
Adger

Post by Adger »

Ums einfach zu machen: "Live" eingesprochene Audio-Parts werden beim backtiming nicht mitgezählt und man hat kein Feedback darüber, wieviel Zeit denn nun noch bis "Zeit vorbei" ist. Darum laufen in vielen Studios Stoppuhren mit. Das ist insbesondere dann relevant, wenn man eine Livesendung auf Band vorproduziert und bestimmte Laufzeiten unbedingt eingehalten werden müssen, weil vom Studio später an dieser Stelle Elemente eingesetzt werden, die man während der Vorproduktion noch nicht kennen kann.

"Produziere auf 60 Minuten Laufzeit, aber letzter Voice muss mit 0:55:00 durch sein", oder: "Produziere zwei Blöcke, einen auf 30 Minuten mit letztem Voice vor 0:29:30 und einen auf 25 Minuten mit letztem Voice vor 0:22:00"

Nur mit "Backtiming" ist das nicht zu "sehen".

Grafisch stelle ich mir die Standarduhr als grafischer Countdown vor, ideal als zweite "Uhr". Das fände ich toll.
Adger

Post by Adger »

Darüber hinaus ist ein Countdown und eine Stoppuhr auch in vielen anderen Situationen sehr hilfreich, zB. bei Phonern, die live ins Programm genommen werden, oder "noch 20 Minuten, bis Gast eingetroffen sein muss" oder so.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Added to v3.0.11.15.
Adger

Post by Adger »

Cool. Danke!
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I tested the countdown functionallity, because a long time ago i asked for such a feature, but that functionallity is still not in.
And looking at the contdown now, it looks to me that my whish is no problem anymore.

Let me clearify what i want to acchieve.

- I have my studio at home and are connecting to our main studio where another different automation system is used.
- At that system the commercials are being aired to the radio.
- In the playlist which i can remotely open i can see, let's say the commercial are starting at 19:55:03.
- Now it would be nice that i can set in the countdown that time, and after starting the countdown it gives me the remaining time til that point.
- If that is possible, i can time my end tunes, or jingles exactly.

Hopefully it's clear, and you can create this

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So you mean instead of specifying: eg. "1h:17m:00s" as the countdown you want to specify "19:55:03" and the effective countdown time is calculated on the current time minus the target time?!
If yes, that shouldn't be an issue.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I think that's right. When the countdowntimer is on 00.00.00, i start my tune, and after it is finished in the main studio the commercials will start.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

@Friso: The new v3.0.11.18 now contains this feature.
When selecting 'Custom Countdown...' from the OnAir-Time context-menu you can now either specify a 'Duration' or a 'Time Due' value.
The 'Time Due' options allows you to specify a target time (e.g. 19:55:03) and immediately starts the countdown til that target time (starting from the current time).