Spottify implementation

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
friso
Spottify implementation

Post by friso »

I have tried to use the add track url feature to copy a spotify http url. But that doesn't work.
I think it is not possible, but is there a way to directly play a song from spotify into proppfrexx. That should be a great feature.
I think i have heard that spotify has released their api for programm designers.

Maybe this can be used to implement this feature.

Thanx
Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Spottify implementation

Post by radio42 »

No, the "Spotify" service uses its own API.
Why should this be a great service.
I don't know of any radio station using an internet service like Spotify to play music.
In addition those streams wouldn't support many features of ProppFrexx, like CuePoints etc. which are really essential.
So I am affraid, that there are no plans to support Spotify in the future.
friso

Post by friso »

The biggest radiostation in the netherlands 3fm uses it in their programms.
If i could only get a button from my midi launcpad emulate the play button in spotify it solved my question
Adger

Post by Adger »

We are using Spotify amongst others, too. We are circumventing the shortcomings of PFOA in this regard by means of manually pressing "play" and using extrenal macro-recording software that came with one of our midi-boards.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just take a look to the Spotify Terms and Conditions...
I assume it is strictly forbidden to use the Spotify Service in any public broadcasting way...
From the Spotify agreement:
"...Spotify respects intellectual property rights and expects you to do the same. This means, for example, that the following is not permitted: (a) Copying, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Services or content delivered to you via the Spotify Services..."

As such I guess it would also not be permitted to use the Spotify API library in a commercial application like Proppfrexx.
And if other radio stations use the Spotify Service to broadcast content to the public, this would simply be illegal.