configure output per player

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
mikedude
configure output per player

Post by mikedude »

Hi,

I’m trying the demo version of ProppFrexx, to test if this is the software I’m looking for.
Basically I need 3-4 players that I can output each to a different fader of my analog mixer.
So Player A outputs channel 1/2 of my soundcard to fader 1 of my mixer, Player B outputs to 3/4 etc.

I cannot find the correct settings in the configuration to do this.
Can someone show me how to setup this?
The soundcard I use is a ESI Gigaport HD+ USB audio interface with 4 stereo outputs.

Many thanks!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: configure output per player

Post by radio42 »

The way ProppFrexx works is the following:

1. ProppFrexx allows you to define ANY number of mixer-Output- and -input-channels.
Each mixer channel can be assigned to a physical Output (soundcard device resp. Speaker pair).
E.g. you might define 5 mixer-output-channels:
PLAY1, PLAY2, PLAY3 and PLAY4 might be assigned to your 4 Stereo Outputs of your ESI soundcard.
And an additional PFL Output-mixer-channel might be assigned to your onboard soundcard (if available).
If you don't have ANY additional soundcard available I would create only PLAY1, PLAY2, PLAY3 Outputs and one additional PFL.

In addition you might create one mixer-input-channel (MIC) from your microphone.
Each mixer-channel can get a freely defined Name (I have chosen PLAY1...PLAY4, PFL and MIC above).

You can define all the mixer-channels in the general settings dialog (press F3) in the section 'Input/Output'.
Note: Press the '?' icon at the top right of a mixer channel configuration dialog to get additional help about the various options/settings per mixer channel.

2. ProppFrexx comes with various different 'player' objects - here are the most important:
- up to 4 DJ Players per Playlist
- up to 99 Standby-Players
- PFL Player
- Quick Monitor Player
- Cardwall I
- Cardwall II
- MODStream and Overlay-Player

Each of these Players can be 'routed' to any of defined mixer-output-channels.
E.g. you can route:
DJ Player A -> output PLAY1
DJ Player B -> output PLAY2
DJ Player C -> output PLAY3
Standby -> output PLAY1
PFL Player -> output PFL
Quick Monitor -> output PFL
Cardwall I -> -> output PLAY1
Cardwall II -> -> output PLAY1
...etc.

The routing is done in the general settings, section 'Routing'.

Other setups are of course possible, as you can define any number of mixer channels and freely route any player to any of the defined output mixer channels.
In addition you might also define sub-busses (so called virtual mixer channels).
A Sub-Bus is NOT connected directly to a physical soundcard - but to any other output-mixer-channel, and as such serves as a grouping channel.
Example:
PLAY = Sub-Bus (virtual), routes to OUT1
OUT1 = ESI channel 1/2
OUT2 = ESI channel 3/4
OUT3 = ESI channel 5/6
OUT4 = ESI channel 7/8
Routing:
DJ Player A -> output PLAY
DJ Player B -> output PLAY
DJ Player C -> output PLAY
Standby -> output OUT2
PFL Player -> output OUT4
Quick Monitor -> output OUT4
Cardwall I -> -> output OUT3
Cardwall II -> -> output OUT3
etc.

Plus, you can use the 'Mixer Setup Wizard...' which you can find in the 'Tools' ribbon, which guides you through all the above steps!
The User Manual section about the mixer setup is also pretty complete.
mikedude

Post by mikedude »

Thanks. I think I understand it a little bit more now.
I want to buy the Premium Non-Commercial Version. Should I contact ProppFrexx first via the contact form, or can I just follow the registration instructions?

Any change registration can be done before Sunday?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might simply go here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/v3/editions.html
and click on the related 'Purchase' button...
Once done, you might already send me your ProppFrexx Indent-Number, Full Name and eMail (which I need to issue your registration key).
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Hello

I have Axia Livewire with total 12 in and out Livewire soundcard

my PC and Axia is coenacted with RJ45 Livewire

I need 4 players that I can output each to a different Axia Livewire fader of my mixer. I have 14 faders

So, Player DJ A outputs channel 1 - ASI6585 /01 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader 1 of my mixer, so on...

Player DJ A outputs channel 1 - ASI6585 /01 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 1 of my mixer,
Player DJ B outputs channel 2 - ASI6585 /02 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 2 of my mixer,
Player DJ C outputs channel 3 - ASI6585 /03 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 3 of my mixer,
Player DJ D outputs channel 4 - ASI6585 /04 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 4 of my mixer,

Player A outputs channel 5 - ASI6585 /05 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader 5 of my mixer,

I reed to know how i can rout all DJA DJB DJ DJD and Cardwall I and II MOM

Routing:
DJ Player A -> output PLAY
DJ Player B -> output PLAY
DJ Player C -> output PLAY
DJ Player D -> output PLAY

Standby -> output OUT2
PFL Player -> output outputs channel 6 - ASI6585 OUT6
Quick Monitor -> outputs channel 7 - ASI6585 OUT7
Cardwall I -> -> output OUT8
Cardwall II -> -> output OUT8

I cannot find the correct settings in the configuration to do this.
Can someone show me how to setup this?
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (4).png
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

More pic
Attachments
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (8).png
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

8 in and 8 out Livewire soundcard
Attachments
Screenshot (12).png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain what is not clear to you resp. where you need help? Did you read and understand the info 3 posts above?

First it seems you should deactivate the Alternative Routing option (check box) as you probably don’t need it (or why have you checked it?)
Same with the LineIn Follow checkbox.

The routing of the DJ Players seems to look good. Ie. you have assigned them each to an individual output mixer channel of ProppFrexx.
So these should work fine - correct?!

But the rest of the ProppFrexx players, ie. the PFL, Standby, Cartwall Players. On which output should they be played?
You simply need to define, what ProppFrexx Player should go to which ProppFrexx output mixer channel.
And finally you connect each ProppFrexx output mixer channel to an available physical output. Ie. to your Axia device.

P.S.: Modern Windows OS only use WASAPI driver modes, so choose these in your output configuration.

So I assume you can remove the PLAY virtual output mixer channel; create one mixer output channel for Standby, Cartwall I, Cartwall II…
But maybe you want all other player to the same output?
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Yes, I read your explanation on 3 posts above, vary helpful thank you

I did it but its not paling in DJA, DJB, DJC, and DJD each physical Output soundcard faders....output each to a different Axia Livewire fader of my Axia mixer.

When DJA player is NOT paling on ONLY DJA player fader, is paling in ALL faders 2, 3, and 4 on Axia Livewire fader mixer,

i can hear it on ALL faders,,

i only want it on each physical Output soundcard faders on my Axia Livewire fader 1 soundcard for DJA player, fader 2 soundcard for DJB, fader soundcard 3 for DJB, fader soundcard 4 for DJD player ONLY i need

and i like to hear it on MON CUE fader too on my Axia Livewire fader 11 and 12 on mixer

But, i need to send all the player to each faders that's what i real need help with right now, than i need help on GPIO when all the Axia Livewire with total 12 in and out Livewire soundcard setup complete

But, first i real need help on how to send each DJA DJB, DJC, DJD to each different livewires fader soundcard

Player DJ A outputs channel 1 - ASI6585 /01 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 1 of my mixer,

Player DJ B outputs channel 2 - ASI6585 /02 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 2 of my mixer,

Player DJ C outputs channel 3 - ASI6585 /03 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 3 of my mixer,

Player DJ D outputs channel 4 - ASI6585 /04 WDM Out of my Axia Livewire soundcard to fader Axia 4 of my mixer,
Attachments
GPIO
GPIO
GPIO2
GPIO2
GPIO3
GPIO3
Last edited by ketofm on 06 Nov 2022 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don’t fully understand your words, but I guess you need a direct call and chat to explain all details.
I am currently not directly available. But I can connect you with a consultant who might help you with all that setup and configuration. Would that be okay with you. The price for that support needs to be negotiated and agreed between the two of you directly.
I’ll send you the contact details in a private chat!