Moderation Placeholder and Library Folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Frankyvoice
Moderation Placeholder and Library Folder

Post by Frankyvoice »

Hey dear community,

I got 2 questions about that great and awesome software Proppfrexx.

First one: I just added a moderation placeholder for about 1:30 min into my playlist. Unfortunately the playlist didn't follow that 1:30 min. The placeholder-track was loaded to the player and directly the next track was played. Did I do something wrong?

Second one: I added one library folder to my media library. Sadly the software didn't scan the subfolder. Is there a possibility to get the software to scan these too? Because of I'm using my itunes library as the main media library folder, the subfolders are necessary.

Hope u are able to help me. Excuse my bad english!

Thanks,
Frank
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Moderation Placeholder and Library Folder

Post by radio42 »

to 1) A Placeholder entry within a playlist doesn't add any 'silence' to the output, it is purely a placeholder
If AutoPlay mode is On it is ignored completely (as you described it). If AutoPlay is Off it opens a count-down window with the given duration - allowing a moderator to verify its 'talk time' - but just as a hint, without adding any effective 'silence'.
In addition a Placeholder entry can be used within pre-defined playlists to indicate the Voice-Tracking locations.

to 2) That sounds indeed strange, as the sub-folders are always scanned for folder-based media libraries.
How did you define the folder-based media lib?
Are you sub-folders may be 'hidden' (marked as hidden folders)?
I just made a quick test here (also with an iTunes main folder) and here all sub-folders have been successfully scanned...!